SASS Wire Forum

The pitter patter of little feet

Apple Pie and I have been married just over 5 years now. For most of the time she has been asking to have an additional family memeber. I told her when the time was right, and we had a home to call our own, we would work at it.

Last year we purchased a house. We have been working very hard to make it a home. We are getting close, and that "pang" hit her hard recently. Last week, we were blessed with our new family member. We named him Skipper.

He is a cute little guy, it's amazing how quickly one can become attached to things that can't talk. It's also amazing after so many years, how you still know what to do, how to do it and when to do it, kinda like riding a bike. It's also amazing how many toys a little guy needs to make him happy, and how often they need to uh.... evacuate themselves.

Our little guy keeps us busy. MAN O MAN does he keep us busy. He requires our full attention, and we are more than happy (most of the time) to give it to him. He makes us laugh, smile and makes us crazy. Sometimes all at the same time.

Here are a few pictures,

Skipper

Skipper 2

Skipper 3

He is a little guy, but BIG on energy, attitude and enthusiasm. He won't let me out of his sight for anything. He could be dead asleep, but if I move he's up and ready to go. He is a crafty little guy also, knows how to make the ladies fall in love with him instantly. We picked him up from an animal rescue, I think he is grateful. He was well taken care of by his former family, I don't know his story, but I'm sure for whatever reason they let him go they weren't happy about it. He is very good on a leash, understands most words (commands) even if he doesn't pay attention to them. :rolleyes:

Sad thing is I forgot how much love a critter has to give. He is reminding me of that everyday. I promised him I would do my best to make sure his life is full of hapiness. I intend to keep that promise.

I hope he is ok with noise from guns. I intend on taking him to all of our big shooting events. I know he would enjoy meeting all of you and your critters. If he can't handle the noise, we'll have to work something else out. Any body make doggy earplugs??

Apple Pie and I have been married just over 5 years now. For most of the time she has been asking to have an additional family memeber. I told her when the time was right, and we had a home to call our own, we would work at it.

Last year we purchased a house. We have been working very hard to make it a home. We are getting close, and that "pang" hit her hard recently. Last week, we were blessed with our new family member. We named him Skipper.

He is a cute little guy, it's amazing how quickly one can become attached to things that can't talk. It's also amazing after so many years, how you still know what to do, how to do it and when to do it, kinda like riding a bike. It's also amazing how many toys a little guy needs to make him happy, and how often they need to uh.... evacuate themselves.

Our little guy keeps us busy. MAN O MAN does he keep us busy. He requires our full attention, and we are more than happy (most of the time) to give it to him. He makes us laugh, smile and makes us crazy. Sometimes all at the same time.

Here are a few pictures,

Skipper

Skipper 2

Skipper 3

ahhh what a sweetpee.... Thanks for posting the photos Marshals... Nothing like a new baby in the house.... a sweetpee baby anyhow.. lol

when he starts school pack his lunch .....

school lunch aint know good fer a grownin feller

little baggy of beggin strips in there too, and maybe a chew toy

might want to check with his teacher about that first.

then he needs a saddle with saddle bags fer the shoots ta help carry stuff.

:) :) :))

I hope he is ok with noise from guns. I intend on taking him to all of our big shooting events. I know he would enjoy meeting all of you and your critters. If he can't handle the noise, we'll have to work something else out. Any body make doggy earplugs??

Mine two wouldn't stand for me putting ear plugs in.....I tried. :rolleyes: I have a small range on my property that we shoot on occasionally. They generally stand 50' or so behind us until we stop shooting, then they go down and "check" (sniff) the targets. We call 'em our "spotters." :)

Cute pup!

Chick

He's not too skitish when he hears a loud bang, I have been banging on things hard to see how he handles the noise. I might try lighting off a few primers in the shop this weekend (with him just outside the door) to see if he gets too scared.

P.S. He already has Daddy and Mommy wrapped around his little paw. :D

So so cute! Give him a belly rub and a scratch behind the ears from me!! Sounds like there's a lot of love in the family. Nice.

Miz Grizz has a childhood friend that she keeps up with on facebook. This gal has lab pups she's trying to find homes for...if not for the fact that she lives a long ways away, and that Mr. Murphy likes being an only dog, I reckon we'd wind up with one. We likes the critters.

Archived