SASS Wire Forum

Chocolate

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

Merry Meg mentioned "good chocolate" in another thread. That got me to wondering how y'all define "good"? Since Meg brought it up, the question is directed primarily to the ladies out there, but guys can chime in too.

I'm partial to dark, semi sweet stuff. I'm also a sucker for dark fudge.

So what is it -- Hershey bar, truffles, white, dark, sweet, semi sweet, etc.?

I likes the dark stuff.

We have a unique enterprise in the Springfield, Mo area. A lawyer has quit his practice and gone into the chocolate business.

He goes to chocolate producing areas and buys direct from the producers. He returns the beans to Missouri for processing. This has gone over well enough that he has intern associates from Drury University and similar programs with area high schools.

Here's his website.

http://www.askinosie.com/

Good Stuff!

For my taste, it's hard to be a Hershey bar.

My wife is partial to dark chocolate, especially if it's tinted with a little coffee.

Olive & Sinclair is a small chocolatier out of Nashville that makes some premium stuff at reasonable prices. I wish they had better distribution but they're jus a regional place for now.

Newman's Own is a good brand that's national.

For a really neat flavor, try a dark chocolate bar that's flavored with a little cayenne. Yes, I'm talking about hot peppers. The flavor is really, really good when you're in the mood for something out of the ordinary.

I likes the dark stuff.

We have a unique enterprise in the Springfield, Mo area. A lawyer has quit his practice and gone into the chocolate business.

He goes to chocolate producing areas and buys direct from the producers. He returns the beans to Missouri for processing. This has gone over well enough that he has intern associates from Drury University and similar programs with area high schools.

Here's his website.

Good Stuff!

Noz,

Waiting to see the link. Hopefully we can check it out next time we are up visiting my Dad.

Noz,

Waiting to see the link. Hopefully we can check it out next time we are up visiting my Dad.

Hey, I'm old. Website is where it should be.

Here tis again so you won't have to look

http://www.askinosie.com/

A few years back we went skiing with some Belgian friends. They brought out a variety of chocolate from home to have with coffee after dinner. I had about 1/2 cup of decaf, but maybe 4 pieces of chocolate ~ and couldn't sleep a wink that night. But they tasted better, richer and more satisfying than ANY kind I've had - Hershey's, See's, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (to which I am partial).

So I'd have to say BELGIAN CHOCOLATE!

For a really neat flavor, try a dark chocolate bar that's flavored with a little cayenne. Yes, I'm talking about hot peppers. The flavor is really, really good when you're in the mood for something out of the ordinary.

Now that's a new one. I'll have to pass that on my missus. She loves the peppers.

Mmmm... a few squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark 86% Cacao or Lindt 85%* with a nice merlot... :blush:

*Haven't tried the Lindt 90% yet; have tried the 99% and found it a tad rough. :huh:

Ornery Oaf...I'm with you.... mmm...Lindt or Ritter Sport Hazelnut :wub:

Go here.....

Or if you're near the King of Prussia Mall outside Philly, Lindt had a shop where you could go in and have a few samples for free!!

Not much of a sweets eater, but occaisionally I like some Tobler fark almond. Then there was an outfit making several different flavored including BACON CHOCOLATE!!! I'll try to find a link in the morning.

Bodine

Merry Meg mentioned "good chocolate" in another thread. That got me to wondering how y'all define "good"? Since Meg brought it up, the question is directed primarily to the ladies out there, but guys can chime in too.

I'm partial to dark, semi sweet stuff. I'm also a sucker for dark fudge.

So what is it -- Hershey bar, truffles, white, dark, sweet, semi sweet, etc.?

I love dark! We went down to Tom's Market and I bought some this year there and it was the best I ever had!!!! Fudge, not so much I ate some on mackinaw island one year and it was so good but I was so sick.. lol... I ate too much of a good thing.

Dark on frozen bannas or strawberrys is the best.. lol

I sit here and read the thread and just

SNICKERS

So you dare to laugh at chocolate? You knowthe Easter Bunny will be so angry.. lol

Hummm Bacon Chocolate.... interesting .... or with Jalapeno's .... candy bars Sneakers is King

But as far as just Chocolate goes .... dark - semi-sweet .... dont eat raw bakers chocolate .... ewww biter

for the most part I just like chocolate of any kind but dark i think is my favorite ....

Here's that link to the folks makin the bacon chocolate bars:

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/bacon_candy_bars

They have several other flavors too. I got one as a gift from one of my old pyrate reenactor friends (goes good with rum!!!). It's very good but kinda pricey, not something I would do very often even if I could afford to.

Bodine

Well, I'm on the wagon when it comes to sweets and such....

But in my heyday, it was milk chocolate sponge candy from Buffalo, block chocolate (milk & white) from Stutz's in Warrington, PA, and Lindt white chocolate truffles.

Oh, and milk chocolate pecan turtles from Strawbridge's in Philly.

Mmmmm...I can feel that chocolate melting in my mouth.....

LL

I'm a milk chocolate fan myself. Pair it with peanut butter or peppermint and I am in heaven! I do not care for chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk. I agree with CL See's candy is wonderful. I grew up eating Fanny Farmer's not sure if that is just a midwestern chain but have not heard of them in years.

I'm a milk chocolate fan myself. Pair it with peanut butter or peppermint and I am in heaven! I do not care for chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk. I agree with CL See's candy is wonderful. I grew up eating Fanny Farmer's not sure if that is just a midwestern chain but have not heard of them in years.

Here ya go, Meg....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Farmer

I remember them, too....if you were going to see your Grandma, you always took her a box of Fanny Farmer.

LL

Here ya go, Meg....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Farmer

I remember them, too....if you were going to see your Grandma, you always took her a box of Fanny Farmer.

LL

my favorites were the chocolate mint ones.

Archived