SASS Wire Forum

If y'all wouldn't mind.......

EE Taft

Well, when troubles come.......... :rolleyes:

I was at work Saturday doing clean up and other such things after the fire (a few weeks ago) and managed to throw my lower back out. I limped around the rest of the day and made it home. Sunday, I made it up the stairs to fix a window that had rattled loose and started back down the stairs. All the sudden, my legs just gave out and I went down! I managed to land on the stairs on my butt as opposed to falling all the way down them.

I made it to the bone cracker (chiropractor) monday. He set me up for a week of adjustments and said not to go to work and not to lift anything. Once he started trying to do the adjustment and after a few gut curdling screams he got a kinda shocked look on his face and said "We will work lightly on it this week but the xrays might not do it. We might need an MRI." Today he was unable to move anything.

I might be in for more than a back crackin' this time! :blink:

I hope not!

Help me out here, Pards!

A little prayer for healing and back to life as normal.

Thanks in advance!

~EE Taft~

EE... you have my prayers for peace and complete healing... Wisdom, skill, and discernment for all of the medical staff...

Vaya con Dios

Prayers up from Texas for your healing. Lord I am asking for the healing of EE's back ,I ask this in Jesus's name amen>

EE, get to a orthopedic doc. Get an MRI and quick. You may have done some serious damage that needs to be addressed right quick! Could be beyond the scope of a chiro, see a MD.

And you have my prayers.

Prayers going and what she said! The back and spinal cord are nothing to play around with.

Double E, heed Ms Whiskey and get thee to an orthopedic doc. Been that route, and I'm purty sure you're outta the bone bender's league here. :unsure:

My Heavenly Father, Please place you're healing hands on my friend's EE Taft's back. Heal him inside and out. You are the Creator....You made

Mother Earth and Father Shy. You made all things, so I know that healing his back is not beyond you. I asked this in you're holy name, Amen !

Stop wif da bone bender and git yur busted, broken down butt over to da Sawbones...........NOW !

Been where yur at now, wished I'd listen to da good advise folks gave me back then, and had not been tryin' to be Tuff fer my family !!

When it rains, it pours, EE.

Prayers up for ya, Pard and please go see an Ortho doc, preferably one specializing in the spine.

What Whiskey said!

Get to an MD.

I'll keep you in my thoughts Pard.

I just talked with the good Lord and asked him to be with you and ease your pain !!

He said if you ask you will receive !!

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

Thank you all for the prayers.......

.....I beleive I'm gonna do just that!

This here bone cracker just can't seem to do the trick!

I had a guy that years ago I would have put every ounce of faith in but most of these guys are trying to make a buck and are not too concerned if they bend a bit too far!

I think I'll go get that second opinion today!

~EE Taft~

EEs you are in my prayers..... you be careful darn you ... what would that little curl baby do without ya around? Deja

Don't be stubborn like me. Just 'cause I have to learn the hard way don't mean anyone else hasta. If I can do it....

Good luck and get well.

Bodine

Fire? I missed that. Guess that's why I haven't seen anything from you for awhile. I was going to contact you to see if you were going to make Fall Round-up, but I guess that's a no. Send me a pm, when you're not busy, and fill me in on the details.

Prayers up pard! Get that MRI and see what's going on. Sounds like you may need a neurologist. I blew my L4-5 disc about three years ago, had to get cut on to fix it up. My wife was a charge nurse on the neurology floor at the horsepital, and my daughter worked for a neurosurgeon, they were both telling me I blew a disc, but I just kept thinking pinched nerve or pulled muscle until the pain became unbearable and was getting drop foot. Sure enough that's what it was. Was glad I DIDN'T go to a chiropractor, might have crippled me. Don't mess around. My spinal cord was compressed 80-90%. If you wait too long the nerve damage can become permanent. It took over a year for my sciatic nerve to completely regenerate. Hope yours isn't that serious, but get it checked out ASAP.

Su amigo,

JHC

Father, I would plead that you lead this man to the correct Dr, but I would rather that you touch his bad with your healing touch, that would be my true desire. Lift him up whole and complete. I ask these things in Jesus name, amen

EE, my nieces husband had severe back pain due to injury while in the Air Force. he had a new surgery that went in from the side, compete recovery and up in hours, and home the same day. it's for only certain injuries,,,It was done in oregon, free because it's new,,,if you can't google something PM me and I send his # your way. Look up Gary Godbey on facebook in Tucson AZ. maybe message him from there.

Good luck, I know your pain, my back went out going up stairs once, worst pain I've ever felt..

Cheyenne

Howdy y'all!

Thanks for the prayers!

I went to the doc for the second opinion yesterday and had an xray done. He said all is well with my alignment but I have some swelling from a bulged disk. Told me I would have pain for a few weeks yet before all is done. He told me if it didn't go away in a few weeks to come back for an MRI.

This may sound strange....but if anyone can understand it would be you folks.

Last night, I laid in bed with a pillow under my head and one under my knees. Now, with the pain I've been in I've gotten to be a pro at sleeping. :rolleyes: It seemed as soon as I closed my eyes I was asleep and having a nightmare. I woke several times and as soon as I closed my eyes I was right back in the nightmare again. Everytime I'd wake I had an extreme feeling of comfort and my legs would move but I had what I can only discribe as that sweet tingly feeling you get when your legs are asleep. I don't recall if I could feel my legs but I could move them.

I'm having mixed feelings about the doc's findings as I'm still in extreme pain other than when I'm sleeping or laying still. I can walk around the house, but sitting or driving is a killer!

In regards to the dreaming and the funny feeling while sleeping last night, would you say I'm having pain induced dreams simalar to a fever dream, or is there an underlying cause that I might be over looking?? :huh: The numbness and extreme comfort feeling that I had was nice compared to the pain, but it scared the hell out of me!

Other than that (as if that ain't enough :rolleyes: ) I'm doing a bit better. the pain seems to be easing a bit.

The Doc gave me pain meds but I havn't picked them up yet. I don't care for taking meds like that.

Best wishes and prayers back to you all!

~EE Taft~

PS, sorry for the strange post, but I had an interesting night last night!

EET

Extreame pain will cuase those kind of dreams , I have delt with them for the best part of 30 years .

As to the numbness , it is most likely a nerve being pinched .

Be careful about pushing yourself too hard and too far . I did and ended up under the KNIFE twice .

Shoot me a PM , if you want to .

CB

EE, get to a orthopedic doc. Get an MRI and quick. You may have done some serious damage that needs to be addressed right quick! Could be beyond the scope of a chiro, see a MD.

And you have my prayers.

I Second This,Only a Ortho Dr. can handle This Injury. I Speak From a Very painful Experience.

Archived