SASS Wire Forum

HOG Hunting--Louisiana Style!

Denver Don

My uncle Clinton tells the story on a cousin of mine, Mike. He is a big ole boy, kind hearted, but a couple of jokers short if'n you follow. Uncle Clinton said he showed up one morning asking if he could go pig hunting. Clinton assured him that he could take as many as he wanted too, so off Mike went into the woods. Clinton took off to the gas station to fill up and got to talking with the guys and drinking some coffe.

It was about three hours later before he got back and he saw that Mike's truck was still in the yard. About the time he was starting to get a tad bit concerned Mike came walking up toward the house. He had two hog tied pigs and was carring them like a pair of suitcases. As he got closer Clinton was amazed to see that both of the pigs were alive!

Clinton asked Mike what was going on and how did he get those pigs? Mike said he tackled em! He tied up the first one and left it where he could find it then got him another one. He was scratched up pretty good, but no serious wounds. Clinton asked why he didn't just go shoot em? Mike replied it was hard to train dogs with dead pigs.

I'm thinking my cousin Mike may be what you need for training that "retriever" of yours.

I've seen gators take hogs that swam the river in the wrong place.

They're also fond of Fido.

Archived