SASS Wire Forum

Ruger GP100 conversion possible?

Buckshot Frank

I've got a buddy that is interested in CAS, but the cost to get started is holding him back. He has a coule of Ruger GP100's in .357, but no single action revolvers.

Is there any way to convert the GP100's to single action so they could be used for SASS?

NO

NO

To expound a bit on the eloquent answer already given -_- , while it may be possible to convert these fine revolvers to SA only, they would never be legal in any SASS category or sidematch under the current rules and regulations. Best to take the money he was going to use to convert them, sell them and buy a couple of SA revolvers. New Vagueros run about $500 each, while you can get those Uberti's with the mat finish and brass gripframes for around $325 each.

why don't he buy a pair of cap and ball pistols, and then as he gets money buy the conversion cylinders for them? Cabelas has some on sale. The Euro is dropping against the dollar so european made guns should start falling in price. I bet some (like me) my even part with a used one for even less. I have a slightly used 1858 remington I could let go for 150 shipped.

The easiest way to convert a DA into a SA is to trade it in ;)

Wyatt

+1 :) Rye

It's worth 350.00-400.00 in good shape you can get a pretty nice SAA used fer that price.

Archived