SASS Wire Forum

Grumpys at the Muleys

Curleys Creek

some of our friends

a bird in hand

We made our trip up to the desert. Tom and Sandi were great hosts. Tom taught my boy Bart all about dutch oven cookin. We checked out my "newly named creek" and just had a blast.

check out my web page and see some of the photos..

if ya didn't make it...see ya next year.

curley

talk about family reunion

I like this one...looks like a shot for a reality show...heheheh...(and Top is stickin out his chest to show off his reitrement shirt....

I think I won the most family brung....(wife, 2 sons, uncle and auntie...) do I get a prize.)

look foward to the next one.

curley

Like I said... Y'all just have tooo much fun down that-a-way! ^_^

Y'all drive safe, Curley!

Tom

That was well worth the wait. thanks for takin my youngest under your wing. He loved your place. When he wasn't tendin your fire with the umbrelly, and gettin a cookin lesson from you..he walked all over your neighborhood.

Before we left he announced "These are MY people". Not quite sure what he ment, but I am pretty sure he was quite impressed with your merry band.

Thanks again, and I sure am proud of that "crick"..

see ya soon

curley

Tom

That was well worth the wait. thanks for takin my youngest under your wing. He loved your place. When he wasn't tendin your fire with the umbrelly, and gettin a cookin lesson from you..he walked all over your neighborhood.

Before we left he announced "These are MY people". Not quite sure what he ment, but I am pretty sure he was quite impressed with your merry band.

Thanks again, and I sure am proud of that "crick"..

see ya soon

curley

Thanks Curley. I really enjoyed you, the Mrs., and your sons. You guys are always welcome here anytime.

Curleys Creek

some of our friends

a bird in hand

We made our trip up to the desert. Tom and Sandi were great hosts. Tom taught my boy Bart all about dutch oven cookin. We checked out my "newly named creek" and just had a blast.

check out my web page and see some of the photos..

http://sdough.smugmug.com

if ya didn't make it...see ya next year.

curley

Darn you are good with that camera.. lol.. I had so much fun, and everyone was so sweet.. it was the best time.. my favorite part was seeing the whole place.. oh, okay I lied my favortie part was dumping water on JJJ"s.. lol

talk about family reunion

I like this one...looks like a shot for a reality show...heheheh...(and Top is stickin out his chest to show off his reitrement shirt....

I think I won the most family brung....(wife, 2 sons, uncle and auntie...) do I get a prize.)

look foward to the next one.

curley

Oh, man I love that one.. lol.

so, the parts Curley didn't tell you about the party... He has his own creek up there, with gold and everything in it.... and he must have something over on the land baron Muleys cuz he named it after him.

they had the best food... the tour was wonderful, very cool to have all the old west stuff all over the place like that. I know it takes hours to do all that stuff, but I tell you he has to have years into it. The place is great, so was the cobbler..

It did rain, which only added to the entertainment.. lol

Hardpan

thanks for the good wishes, and Gramaphyllis asked "how is yer foot??"

curley

Howdy, Curley!

Well, you can tell Grama Phyllis that mah hoof is just fine now! :lol:

A few weeks of hobblin' about in that funky canvas and velcro boot thingy and cane and I'm good as new~! ^_^

I still grin when I see the picture you took... of my starboard foot with spur! :)

Just had a bowl of peach cobbler and ice cream, that somehow survived the event. That sure was good stuff with a real buttery flavor. Glad everyone enjoyed the visit and relaxed a little.

Hiding that so's we wouldn't get it is cheatin'.

(My wife didn't get any. She was so full by that time she couldn't even crawl over to pick up a bowl.)

Hiding that so's we wouldn't get it is cheatin'.

(My wife didn't get any. She was so full by that time she couldn't even crawl over to pick up a bowl.)

I guess I should have hidden a bowl of my cowboy beans, also. I cooked them all morning and when I went to get some, they was gone................gone in 60 seconds, faster than car thiefs.

Hardpans. with a spur on his fancy ortho shoe.. lol... It was a hoot...

Back to Muleys... that was so much fun... but the mules didn't like me... the horse did..

Howdy all

got back this afternoon from my visit with my dad up in the valley. we had a blast. He was sittin there and said...well hell, we could go up the coast ifn we wanted to couldn't we...

i says yup give me half hour to pack.

more tomorrow as I am pooped.

curley

Archived