SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894 Short Stroke

rogerpjr

I've done a bunch of looking, maybe in the wrong places, but can't seem to find a short stroke kit for a Marlin 1894. Does anyone know if there is such an animal and where I can get one if there is one made?

There is not one. There is a man that does a short stroke on them though. Name is Spur, but I don't know how to get in touch with him. There may be others as well. But to my knowledge there is no kit you can buy and install.

Spur in Macomb IL, THE Marlin man, but he's no longer taking new work. There are a couple that I have seen done by others, but from what I've seen of them in action on the range I wouldn't suggesst them.

Howdy,

Last I heard, Spur was growing tired of doing this mod.

Marlin has made little changes and variations over the years and Spur never

did figure out how to make a customer installed kit.

He did smooth up my marlin since I didnt much want short stroke.

Once short stroked that marlin would not shoot full sized 357 ammo.

Maybe someone who shoots with Spur will have more uptodate info?

Best

CR

Spur is training a fellow shooter to work on Marlins. Both action jobs and the "Spur Short Stroke". Cowboy Carty is his name. I am sure that when he is ready to accept projects you will be able to find contact info on the Shadycreek Shootists web site.

Marlin Buckhorn

I have heard Lassiter is doing one but I can't confirm that. I have 1 Spur and 1 done by someone else, there is enough difference I'm sure the second is not a Spur.

I bought it used and don't know who did the work.

Randy

Archived