SASS Wire Forum

california question

Trigger Mike

I'm glad this thread come up. I know a feller that is thinking of RETIRING to SAn Diego. He looked startled when I told him he would have to register his guns, but his eyes really bugged out when I told him no ten round magazines.

What other Draconian restrictions does Ca. have?

10 round mags are fine. But that's the limit. 11 would not be permitted.

The registration is handguns only. I think it's $15 per. And if you have handguns that aren't on their "allowed" list, they can't come with you.

Really, you ought to check the web site of the AG.

Three Four things about California gun laws that bug me still after living here since 2003:

1. Registration of handguns (when you bring them to CA you are "importing" them and have to fill out paperwork and pay money).

2. No face-to-face sales of guns between consenting adults, pretty much all sales have to go through a FFL.

3. 10 round mag capacity.

4. Silly semiauto combination of characteristics rule. Bans "assault" weapons based on things like, pistol grip, bayonet lug, etc. Pretty much means you can't put together a fully functional AR15 style gun.

That said, California (Southern anyway) has lots of guns, lots of folks who shoot/collect, and lots of SASS ranges!

I'm glad this thread come up. I know a feller that is thinking of RETIRING to SAn Diego. He looked startled when I told him he would have to register his guns, but his eyes really bugged out when I told him no ten round magazines.

What other Draconian restrictions does Ca. have?

Can't imagine anyone -- with guns and/or money -- wanting to move to California. But, if he still wants to come, here's the CA DOJ regulations website: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php

Archived