SASS Wire Forum

Need help ID'ing a rifle

My supervisor at work is a fellow gun club member, and yesterday he brought this rifle that he said he got at a garage sale years ago to our annual club picnic and swap meet. It's a .22 single shot rifle with a barrel that rotates out to load and unload, and has an iron skeleton stock with brown crackle finish. It has a serial number and a trademark of Firearms International Corp., Washington, D.C. 20022. I've only seen one other like it, and that was many years ago. He sent me this photo today and asked if I could spread it around and help identify it's purpose, i.e., military survival rifle, backpack rifle or what. Any help in identifying it and coming up with an approximate value would be greatly appreciated.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy288/gharrod/mysteryrifle.jpg

It's a "Bronco" I don't recall where they were made but they were imported by both FIE and Garcia. They came in a single barrel .22, a single barrel .410, and a .22/.410 combo. They were not very durable firearms, and the survival rate isn't very good. Google "Bronco rifle" and it should help you. I bought one in either the late 70's orearly 80's for $17.95.

Archived