SASS Wire Forum

Well, I ALMOST ordered out a new shotgun

It is a Baretta O/U 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon King Ranch model.

Pretty decent wood and looked to be a nice gun. I just couldn't take

the engraving. I mean, monkeys? As I got to looking at it, it is just too garish for my taste. Oh well.

It was a mite pricy, but I suppose one could dicker if one was predisposed to do that sort of thing.

Badger, I just gotta know - what in the wide, wide world o' sports has monkeys got to do with King Ranch???! :lol::P:lol:

BMC,

I have a nice, one owner,(little old man),two barrel set, Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II 28/20 w/28 " barrels,hard case, all the chokes,very nice wood and I have added a $45 fiber optic red front sight to each set of barrels. I have killed many quail in the last two seasons that I have owned it. I too lust for a 687 EELL. It has been my dream since I was a competetive skeet shooter. I promise you this gun is just as pretty as any on the market. Just send money.

CC

One o' them alleged "Flying Monkeys" bore a disturbing resemblance to Bertha, CC's tame wrasslin' midget.

Can y'all imagine - flyin' midget wrasslers?!?!?!?! :lol::o:lol:

Badger, I just gotta know - what in the wide, wide world o' sports has monkeys got to do with King Ranch???! :lol::P:lol:

I've always wanted a really nice over under shotgun. No real reason why, never been a bird hunter, clay or otherwise. But some of them sure are purty!

BMC,

I have a nice, one owner,(little old man),two barrel set, Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II 28/20 w/28 " barrels,hard case, all the chokes,very nice wood and I have added a $45 fiber optic red front sight to each set of barrels. I have killed many quail in the last two seasons that I have owned it. I too lust for a 687 EELL. It has been my dream since I was a competetive skeet shooter. I promise you this gun is just as pretty as any on the market. Just send money.

CC

Monkeys...? :huh:

Uh... wuz they flying monkeys...? :rolleyes:

Well, according to the description on the Beretta web page, the engraving has bulls and monkeys on it. I ain't right sure why the monkeys, but they is there. I guess if they figure that you will pay

$7,650.00 + for an O/U shotgun, you must be some kinda monkey. :lol:

Charlie, I could never come between a man and his guns. Send pictures of the quail tho. :)

And Grizz, a folk don't need no reason to like a gun. It is jus human nature.

Charlie, I could never come between a man and his guns. Send pictures of the quail tho

Here is a pic of one I carved in leather and put on a Beretta that I sold awhile back.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC04512.jpg

I've always wanted a really nice over under shotgun. No real reason why, never been a bird hunter, clay or otherwise. But some of them sure are purty!

Grizz; alls ya gotta do iz turn that side by side twice shooter of yours sideways, gangsta style and put a bead in.

Over/under. I'll skip the tag line fer ya.

Big (whats really pulling his leg) Jake

Back in the very early 80s, I was footloose and fancy free, single, working two non or semi skilled jobs, and actually had some money saved up. Well, a local bank had a promotion, put I think it was $2000 into a CD for a couple years, and in place of interest, you got a Weatherby Athena or Orion shotgun, your choice of gauge. The amount may have been different depending on which you wanted, I don't remember, but I had enough that I could have gone either way.

Conventional wisdom was, you want a shotgun, buy a shotgun, you want to save money, get money as interest on it. I didn't want the shotgun bad enough to buy one, and being young and sometimes foolish, I didn't save the money either. So, I didn't go for it. 30 years later I wish I had, the money is long since pissed away, but I reckon I'd still have a nice shotgun.

Back in the very early 80s, I was footloose and fancy free, single, working two non or semi skilled jobs, and actually had some money saved up. Well, a local bank had a promotion, put I think it was $2000 into a CD for a couple years, and in place of interest, you got a Weatherby Athena or Orion shotgun, your choice of gauge. The amount may have been different depending on which you wanted, I don't remember, but I had enough that I could have gone either way.

Conventional wisdom was, you want a shotgun, buy a shotgun, you want to save money, get money as interest on it. I didn't want the shotgun bad enough to buy one, and being young and sometimes foolish, I didn't save the money either. So, I didn't go for it. 30 years later I wish I had, the money is long since pissed away, but I reckon I'd still have a nice shotgun.

Those were the GOOD Weatherbys.

Archived