SASS Wire Forum

Disturbing Nissan Commercial

Chief Rick

Please watch this commercial.

If you feel this type of "advertising" is irresponsible and disgusting, you can send a polite letter to Nissan.

As a very active motorcyclist, I feel "hunted" enough on the streets without having a major auto manufacturer sensationalizing cars causing motorcycles to crash.

I'm also an avid motorcyclist and take great offense regarding the commercial and the behavior it sanctions. :blink:

However, this is just one more of Nissan management and marketing department major missteps. :angry:

My first car was a 1970 Datsun (Nissan's original name) 2000, convertible sports car, 2000cc motor (Japanese improvement on the MGB) - and I LOVED IT!!, but I'll never even CONSIDER another Nissan unless they regain their integrity (maybe not even then).

Cheers,

Harvey

Video game a stuff. The bikers were criminal predators. I don't think this commercial is promoting running down motorcycles at will.

You're kidding right? You think Nissan is trying to further some anti-motorcycle agenda and that people are going to start chasing down motorcyclists and running them over because of some animated video game-esque commercial? Gimme a break.

If you're going to get offended by this then you must be really offended by every cartoon or video game ever made that contains violence of any kind.

You're kidding right? You think Nissan is trying to further some anti-motorcycle agenda and that people are going to start chasing down motorcyclists and running them over because of some animated video game-esque commercial? Gimme a break.

If you're going to get offended by this then you must be really offended by every cartoon or video game ever made that contains violence of any kind.

Spoken like a true non-rider

I have strong feelings about motorcycles. Used to own one. Family of bikers. I found mine ok best and quickly tired of it. I like horses better.

I believe Harley Davidson creates some of the most obnoxious machines ever. Ya know, loud pipes save...whatever. As annoying as any bass I ever heard boomin out of an Oldsmobile. Just go to Cody or Sturgis or Bankhead Highway Atlanta. Straight pipes are as annoying as rap music cranked up. At least the crotch rockets I don't hear from a mile away.

Of course I'd never run down a Harley nor an Oldsmobile, or condone it. This commercial is parody. Lighten up.

I used to ride motorcycles, I had a good friend die on a bike because some drunk teenager crossed the centerline and hit him. And no, that is not why I don't ride now.

To me that ad is nothing more or less than typical video game material. Watching it I in no way got the feeling that they were doing anything more than using video game type graphics and content to try to market their cars to a demographic that eats, drinks, sleeps, and love video games.

That's the view from my saddle.

Grizz

If you are not a rider, I don't expect you to get it.

If you've never been chased by a four wheel vehicle - tailgated, swerved at, or brake checked, I don't expect you to get it.

If you don't agree - you don't agree and I'm fine with that.

If you do agree and choose to take the time to voice your opinion to Nissan, I appreciate that too.

I'm a rider and I don't get it.

I didn't get the impression they were saying people who want to kill bikers should pick their car to do it with, I didn't even get the impression they were saying all the violent criminals ride bikes. I did get the impression they were saying their car was fast enough and nimble enough to catch a sport bike, but I don't believe that either.

Do you remember the commercials for the Ford Ka? It was marketed as a 'sporty car with attitude'. One commercial had a bird leave a 'stain' on the car and then when it flew by the car popped open the hood hard enough to take out the bird. Another commercial had a cat leave footprints on it, so the car opened the sunroof and when the cat stuck it's head inside the sunroof closed again and the headless cat slid off the roof. Are you outraged by those? Maybe you think we should boycott Ford because killing animals is no joking matter, or maybe you think it's ridiculous to be offended because everybody knows cars can't really do that. Either way, it's just a commercial.

:rolleyes: I shoot guns because they are specifically made to kill people and that's what I want to do to. :rolleyes:

If you've never been chased by a four wheel vehicle - tailgated' date=' swerved at, or brake checked, I don't expect you to get it.[/quote']

I've ridden on & off since I was about 14 (I'm in my 56th year now), and I've never made a life style out of it, but have spent several years at a stretch commuting 20-30 miles a day by motorcycle during the summer months, and have never experienced ANY of that. This is a big state though, and hasn't even reached a population of a million people yet, which might have a lot to do with it.

My advice for not getting brake checked is "Don't ride your vehicle so close to my rear bumper that I can't see your headlights". That goes for cars , trucks and granny on her 10 speed. One time a year for 3 weeks around here we have problems with bikes that think they own the road. The week before, the week of, and the week after Sturgis. I've had em swerve infront of me and brake check for not letting a whole group pass me on the interstate when I went around a slower vehicle. There was plenty of room for me change lanes, accelerate and pass, without holding anyone up or having to slow down.

It's a commercial and I don't see anything against the 'motorcycle' itself...more like a bunch of thugs being chased down - like we see in all these movies....is this another call for PC intervention? I sure hope not....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If you are not a rider, I don't expect you to get it.

If you've never been chased by a four wheel vehicle - tailgated, swerved at, or brake checked, I don't expect you to get it.

If you don't agree - you don't agree and I'm fine with that.

If you do agree and choose to take the time to voice your opinion to Nissan, I appreciate that too.

No, I don't get it.

I also don't get why I see so many motorcycles, especially the more crotch-rockety types, weaving in and out of traffic, riding wheelies for hundreds of meters at highway speeds, passing in no-passing zones or on the berm, Going full-throttle from light to light, riding the yellow line against oncoming traffic, and just generaly behaving as though they are in a Fast and Furious movie; and yet, of all the motorcyclists I have spoken with who have had a wreck, none have failed to blame a car for "cutting me off". I have yet to hear one of them say "I was driving like a maniac and it caught up to me".

Kinda like truck drivers, many of whom appear to think no other type of vehicle should be allowed on the road, and who constantly complain about the rudeness and incompetence of other drivers, while failing to recognize the same behavior in themselves.

Alas, I fear it is a part human nature to view the world in terms of "them" and "us", and to have separate and distinct rules about one's own conduct and the conduct of others.

+1 only mine has a BIG brush guard.

Back in da day,.....my truck had 18 wheels and was haulin' 40 ton of fright .........................

Runnin' over 4 inch wheelers was a option.

Archived