SASS Wire Forum

EMERGENCY!

Utah Bob #35998

If anybody knows Bodine please give him a call or contact his local 911 if you know where he lives. He posted this in the saloon at 6:49 and hasn't responded to any posts.

OK, I did some really dumb things today that I knew better, so I already know this is my fault. Here's the problem I need to ask favors fromanyone that has actually experienced a heart attack. What should I be looking for? Not feeling good at all, almost dodn't make it back to the house from the holler I was working in. Got fever and crasmps like I ain't ever had before, my ribs and chest feel like I tried to go a few rounds with a heavy weight. Left arm won't grip and everything is "tight. Nausous and dizzy. Any of this sound like warnings or did I just overwork myself? Kinda skeery and I don't scare easy. Gonna go back and lay down for a bit.

Bodine

EDIT 9/10 Smoken D has been in contact with Bodine. Thanks everyone for your concern.

Looked at his profile and got the names of the clubs he shoots at...

He belongs to the Powder Creek Cowboys, and shoots with the Rocky Branch Rangers.

Went to both clubs sites - no phone numbers listed with PCC; did go down the list and the last man listed on RBR answered - does not know Bodine.

I found a phone number for the contact at Powder Creek Cowboys in the Chronicle... no answer.

I just did a search looking for posts made by him and ran across the one at the link below where he replied about sending a PM to Irontree regarding some clothes. I don't know if Irontree bought anything but if he did he might have contact information for Bodine. Its a long shot but its all I could find.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175036&st=0&p=2257851&hl=bodine&fromsearch=1entry2257851

Just got on line and read this. I called him, talked with his wife. He made it through the night and I told her about my heart attack and that he NEEDS to get medical assistance. Then talked to Bodine, still hurting, head ache, nausia. Told him the same. He then advised that they have no insurance, also not qualified for VA. I then advised about University Hospital in Columbia or another hospital that would help out. I hope I convinced him to GO!! Also told him I would come and get him and take him, turned me down. Keep him in prayer and that he will go get help. Will check on him later and post. He was thankful for everyone checking on him.

OK, I went ahead and called 911 and talked with them. They are gonna call him and give it a try.

Prayers Up for Bodine and if he's reading this, or if someone who loves him is reading this, I sincerely hope he will go to the hospital!!!!!!!!!! No insurance is not a good reason for dying!!

Prayers up from Texas,for Him and for him to get some help.

I called 911 back, ambulance was sent.

Bodine, Pard......Don't make me come huntin' ya and haul ya to the horspital myself!

Insurance ain't a reason to die, Pard. Besides, If I come and find ya and take ya to git looked at, between the two of us we will probably be scary lookin' enough to make then docs not worry about the money right then and there. :rolleyes:

If ya ain't already done so.........GET TO THE DOC, PARD!!!!

Prayers sent up for ya.

~EE Taft~

No insurance VS. death.... No brainer IMHO.

Social workers at the hospital will work with him and get him some help via Medicaid.... I went this way with my Mother back in the 80's.

GOOD ON YA, Smokin' D~!!!

There was a lot of wheel spinnin' going on here last night - Keep us informed, will ya? And let Bodine know that we're all prayin' for him...

Just got on line and read this. I called him, talked with his wife. He made it through the night and I told her about my heart attack and that he NEEDS to get medical assistance. Then talked to Bodine, still hurting, head ache, nausia. Told him the same. He then advised that they have no insurance, also not qualified for VA. I then advised about University Hospital in Columbia or another hospital that would help out. I hope I convinced him to GO!! Also told him I would come and get him and take him, turned me down. Keep him in prayer and that he will go get help. Will check on him later and post. He was thankful for everyone checking on him.

OK, I went ahead and called 911 and talked with them. They are gonna call him and give it a try.

Your a good man Smoken D

Howdy. Sorry for the dust-up folks. I couldn't stay on-line last night, hadda get laid down. I made it through this OK. EMTs left here awhiule ago, said I'm runnin normal EKG and all of that. Advised me to go get checked out. I'm a hurtin' unit today but not any worse then it used to be after a night at the bars and a good brawl. Thanks for the concern, really appreciate it. Sorry for scaring everybody, wasn't thinkin too good. Have a great weekend, I gotta go lay down awhile.

Bodine

Bodine

The EMT's said the same thing to me and my wife a year ago this Oct. when I had mine.

That was AFTER my wife brought me back with CPR and mouth to mouth. MY HEART HAD STOPPED.....I WAS DEAD.

She was sitting next to me when it hit me. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I'M STILL HERE!

You are at a real risk for a second one. Whats your BP?

When the Docs at the Hosp. got done with me, we were told that I had the classic "Widow-Maker" HA. I do have CHF.

YOU have a choice to make. BE A REAL MAN, and choose LIFE, as YOUR family wants you to have.

GET HELP NOW DAMN-IT!

We have a few MDs here on the site.....LISTEN TO THEM!!

Respectfully,

LG

Maybe the first line of his post explains why he is reticent to go to the hospital. It doesn't matter what he did or his insurance status, he needs to be seen in his local ER. He'll get the work-up that he needs. Palindrome, MD

Howdy. Sorry for the dust-up folks. I couldn't stay on-line last night, hadda get laid down. I made it through this OK. EMTs left here awhiule ago, said I'm runnin normal EKG and all of that. Advised me to go get checked out. I'm a hurtin' unit today but not any worse then it used to be after a night at the bars and a good brawl. Thanks for the concern, really appreciate it. Sorry for scaring everybody, wasn't thinkin too good. Have a great weekend, I gotta go lay down awhile.

Bodine

If you do not have insurance or the cash, most emergency rooms can not turn you down for service!! That is how many folks get all the medical attention they ever get.

I want to say BRAVO to Utah Bob for getting this thread going, getting Bodine contacted, and prompting someone to get Emergency help to him. It's surely nice to see folks have friends everywhere in the SASS world who will make the effort to hunt a fella down if he/she has gone missing.

Bodine, all ER's will treat/assess regardless of ability to pay, they can't turn you away. Get in and get checked out right. The EMS is really good with most ambulances having a Paramedic on board but they can't do all the tests the hospitals can.

Jailhouse Jim

I posted this over in the saloon, but figgered I ought to put it here too.

All hospitals re required to provided emergency care to a patient regardless of ability to pay. In addition many will write off the bill if unable to pay. It probably has to do with a nice tax write-off at the end of the year.

I know this is true. About 17 years ago, my pancreas quit working. I was living alone in my shop without a phone or anyone around close to me. After 7 days of the inability to keep any food or fluids down, I was finally able to get to a payphone (they still had those things back then) and call 911. The end result was a 9 day stay at Washoe Med in Reno. The bill was over $10,000.

I had no insurance, no money, no job, and my most valuable possession was a 1972 Jeep Wagoneer. The hospital had a program where I applied to have the bill erased and I qualified for a complete forgiveness of the bill.

Even if they hadn't forgiven the entire bill, I could have made payments. It was a whole lot better than dying......

I do appreciate the help folks, honest and true. I have had to use ER services before and in fact I just recently got done payin the last one off. I don't like goin to any hospital when I don't have insurance, and I don't want to be no welfare case. I've always worked my way/paid my way and don't think much of being a burden on society. Guess my pride won't stand for it. Just spent the last five years, goin on six, unemployed and broke going to college for my BSE to teach history (social studies) and graduated in May. Now I have a BSE that is worth about as much as my opinion, no jobs anywhere close to me. Can't do the work I did before, that's the reason I went back to school to learn something else. To pay for stuff, ya gotta have a job. My wife was laid-off all summer, just went back to work tuesday. Things is about as tight as they can get, and yeah, I am a stubborn cuss. I wish things was better but they ain't so as always I just learn to deal with it the best I can. I know I was lucky this time and if/when the next time comes I probably won't be so lucky, but that's the way life has always been for white-trash like me. What cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Thanks again folks and sorry I worried everyone.

Bodine

I do appreciate the help folks, honest and true. I have had to use ER services before and in fact I just recently got done payin the last one off. I don't like goin to any hospital when I don't have insurance, and I don't want to be no welfare case. I've always worked my way/paid my way and don't think much of being a burden on society. Guess my pride won't stand for it. Just spent the last five years, goin on six, unemployed and broke going to college for my BSE to teach history (social studies) and graduated in May. Now I have a BSE that is worth about as much as my opinion, no jobs anywhere close to me. Can't do the work I did before, that's the reason I went back to school to learn something else. To pay for stuff, ya gotta have a job. My wife was laid-off all summer, just went back to work tuesday. Things is about as tight as they can get, and yeah, I am a stubborn cuss. I wish things was better but they ain't so as always I just learn to deal with it the best I can. I know I was lucky this time and if/when the next time comes I probably won't be so lucky, but that's the way life has always been for white-trash like me. What cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Thanks again folks and sorry I worried everyone.

Bodine

Bodine, I don't know you, but I like the way you think. If more people thought that way, the country probably wouldn't be in the mess it's in.

That being said, sometimes you have to be willing to take help when you need it. If you won't do it for yourself, think of your wife. I doubt she'd be very happy with you proud, but dead. Do what you NEED to, nobody will think less of you for doing so.

Things is about as tight as they can get, and yeah, I am a stubborn cuss.

Bodine

That describes a lot of us. But I won't go out without a heluva fight. My family would be disappointed.

I don't want to be no welfare case. I've always worked my way/paid my way and don't think much of being a burden on society.

I understand exactly what you are saying and feeling, but no one begrudges helping someone who is responsible for themselves. I remember needing some help and refusing it years ago. But a wise friend asked me if I liked the feeling I get when I help someone else. When I responded yes, they pointed out that I was being selfish by denying others the opportunity to get the same feeling.

There are always ways to pay back good deeds. Do good deeds for others. Go to the doctor/hospital accept the discount and care. When things are better volunteer some time, make anonymous gifts, and help others.

Archived