SASS Wire Forum

Gotta question/problem

Bodine

Howdy Bodine

Glad you posted again to let us know what was going on. I'm also glad the EMT said your rhythm was normal, but if you had gone to the ER they could have found out if it was a heart attack even after it was over. I know what you're saying about not wanting to do anything that you can't afford to pay for, but here's another way of looking at it. You went in for your wreck because it was an emergency, if you broke a leg you'd probably go in for that too, well a heart attack is just as much an emergency even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. In every training video the Red Cross has put out it is always somebody else telling the heart attack victim to get help, because the person having the heart attack doesn't think it's that bad. I think you should talk to your wife about this before it happens again, and you should both watch out for each other and you should agree that if either one of you tells the other one you need to go to the ER then you will do it no questions asked.

I also wanted to say I was really impressed by everything people on this board did at the time to try to find info and help with this. There's some good people on this board, and this is not the first time I've noticed that a lot of people in SASS remind me of the people in my family that I always looked up to.

Take care of yourself Bodine! Try not to overdo it when you're working, and drink plenty of water and watch out for heatstroke too.

OK folks, here it is. I was told that I should have gone friday night so that the monitors could pick up anything fresh. It's been almost two days now so it'll be hard to tell anything at this point fer sure. But my wife is pretty upset with me and won't even let me ride my horse. This ain't gonna work, so tomorrow morning I am going to drive myself to the University of MO clinic and see what I can set up. Heck she threw a fit when I got up and went outside to work on my forge this morning, and besides takin care of the neighbors' stuff that's about the only income I have around here!

So I am going to see what I can find out and how/if I can pay for it. OK?

Geez, ya'll are too much like friends I ain't got! ;):lol:

Bodine

P.S. I'll have to check my profile, I don't have any clubs affiliations nor have I shot with any at this point. Shouldn't be any listed in there? Too broke for playin' yet.

Bodine, as others have pointed out hospitals are required to render aid. When my wife went in on 25 August, we had no insurance, and we have both been unemployed for about two years. That afternoon someone from the financial aid office was there getting forms filled out and getting us signed up for various programs. Scary as hell and very humbling. But DON'T PLAY WITH YOUR HEALTH!

Got prayers going for you. Hang in there.

Bodine; I've been watchin' your posts since you've come on here, and how much you like this and your wife

wants to shoot mounted. I've also followed this thread to see if you got help, and I'm glad Utah Bob put the word out.

I don't know if you have served in the military or not. If you have, you can always go to the nearest VA hospital. They have some of the best Doctors and they're not paid by you, but the United States Government. The cost will be much less than a regular hospital. At least check into it, it's only a phone call.

I want to hear that you're going to be OK and get to meet these fine pards you've been talking with here in the Saloon(ACS)

always capitalize Saloon. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I was a Navy vet, but during Reaganomics the military offered "early-outs" and I was just married,mid-twenties, and the next rotation was gonna put me in the Phillipines about the time our base there got tromped. Anyhow, I took the early out but didn't read the fine print. :blush:

I ain't qualified for the benefits. We live and learn from our mistakes though don't we? ;)

I'm just checkin in before I turn in for the night. Feelin pretty good and will be in Columbia tomorrow as per my word.

Bodine

Archived