SASS Wire Forum

ALL Those in Favor of Double Shotgun with ejectors

Carlzbad , SASS #4221

No thanks, Marshal C but thanks for the kind un-invite. I believe I'll just stay here in the game we all love. We already have ejectors on all our shotguns except for the one exception. Eliminating the one exception is not gonna ruin the game.

Geeeese.

Puh-leeeze.

Oy.

Oh...I forgot to ask...How would a pump shotgun eject it's shells if it didn't have ejectors? You guys want ejectors? Use a 97!!!! :P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thankee kindly oncet agin. I'll be stayin' right here. Trap and skeet don't appeal to me. Never said that I myself wanted ejectors on my doubles of which I have about 10.

But it might help someone get started and we need all the new blood we can get.

How many people have bought 73 Uberti rifles that otherwise wouldn't have bought them before the development of the short stroked guns?

Ow! That question makes my head hurt! My answer is I bought my '73 long before short strokes became popular. Had it slicked up pretty good just because it is a joy to work a rifle that works like it is supposed to, not those oversprung things that Uberti is still cranking out. Have never put a short stroke in it, never felt the need. Not sure if I answered that correctly or not.

My vote would be to leave it as is. The idea of the guns that actually existed being the guns allowed for SASS would take SASS into an equipment game. I would finally get a pair of Colt 1878 double action .45s instead of the pair of thumb-busters required by the rules!

I see most shooters in groups of best - average - slow and enjoying the game. This soudns like another discussion in the effort of moving from one group to the next without the time spent shooting and practicing and the effort to make good guns work well. A good shotgunner is getting four rounds off in four seconds on a repeatble basis with a '97, '87 or sxs. Avereage shooters are in the 6-7 second range and slower shooters are not.

Heee Haaa Leave it go..I have more trouble puttin the shells in than takein them out.. :D

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

No thankee kindly oncet agin. I'll be stayin' right here. Trap and skeet don't appeal to me. Never said that I myself wanted ejectors on my doubles of which I have about 10.

But it might help someone get started and we need all the new blood we can get.

Com'on pard...most SXS slip the shells out without much effort at all! I used to use Winchesters & Remington green case and they slipped out without a problem. This is a perfect example of don't fix it if it ain't broke!

How many times do I have to say this???????

It ain't about fixin anything.

It's about letting new shooters shoot what they got without having to disable the ejectors.

How anyone can be against it is just instant over reaction.

No one will be harmed or threatened in their respective chosen niches. It's already been explained by our sg smithing experts that ejectors are counter productive for CAS. There will be NO big stampede to go to ejectors. They would not be allowed in CC or any bp cats.

NO good rational excuse NOT to do this.

..... no thanks .....

.. wbj ..

The title question asks for "All those in favour of Double Shotgun with ejectors" .....

................ I feel that I must withdraw my comment as I do not qualify ....

.............................................. I am not in favour of the proposal ...

How many times do I have to say this???????

It ain't about fixin anything.

It's about letting new shooters shoot what they got without having to disable the ejectors.

How anyone can be against it is just instant over reaction.

No one will be harmed or threatened in their respective chosen niches. It's already been explained by our sg smithing experts that ejectors are counter productive for CAS. There will be NO big stampede to go to ejectors. They would not be allowed in CC or any bp cats.

NO good rational excuse NOT to do this.

So new shooters should be exempt from the rules as they are currently??...and you really think that if a club doesn't allow a new shooter to use ejectors that new shooter is gonna say 'well....this ain't for me then' ....:rolleyes:

When I was new I understood that there were rules of the game that needed to be adhered to - thankfully a good group of folks showed me they way - it was because of THEM that made me want to come back.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

A pox on the consensus. Sometimes the majority are in the wrong.

As in this case.

When I win the lottery and buy SASS it will be one of the first changes I institute.

Guess I should remember to buy a ticket...

A pox on the consensus. Sometimes the majority are in the wrong.

As in this case.

When I win the lottery and buy SASS it will be one of the first changes I institute.

Than after I win the lottery and buy SASS from you it will be the first thing I un-do..... :)

Guess I should remember to buy a ticket...

Carlzbad is one of the top Classic Cowboys that's ever shot this sport. He puts a whoopin' on me everytime he shows up. I only tolerate him because Shez Bad II is so cute.

That said, he's a pot-stirring, no- good varmint making a darn good point about the danger of new rules allowing whatever someone THINKS might have been available in 1890.

My own view is that if it's not broke then it's not a '97. You can't shoot the dang thang in Classic anyway, CARL.... I'll bet you go to bed every night LYAO over this little pot of boiling BS. Knowing you it cracked me up from end to end.

In the end you know if it doesn't have mule ears it's not a cowboy shotgun anyway. Next you'll want automatic counters and a switch to electrically reset knockdowns. Once your walker is ready we'll make it into a gun cart for you.

Thanks Brother ShezbadII giggled and yes you are right if it were up to me we would shooting this game like it was when I started. Where the hell have you been. Thanks again Brother King

Since when have the rules regarding what firearms can be used in SASS been based upon what was available and used before 1899.

It's not hard at all to find things allowed that were not available then and things not allowed that were available.

In most cases it appears these rules are based more on what money can be made than anything.

In other cases just arbitrary decisions not based on anything at all.

Sage Creek Gus

Thanks Brother ShezbadII giggled and yes you are right if it were up to me we would shooting this game like it was when I started. Where the hell have you been. Thanks again Brother King

I showed up at Pawnee today. Woulda put a whoopin' on you this time. ;) Where the hell were you?

Let's do it! :FlagAm: It's the American Way - change.

OKD

Not sure about that one - didn't do much as a mantra in the last election :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

There are only two reasons to allow ejectors

1. You think it will "even it out" with the 97s

2. You find that shucking shells to be very exhausting

SO then

1. Practice, practice practice and make the stage designers go shotgun Neutral- no more than 4 targets in a shotgun string. 4 targets or less and I am faster with a SxS than my 97

2. That ain't our problem! :lol:

Ejectors are an answer to a non-existent problem in the game.

I am still waiting for some "gamer" to show up with a Brass, wood and leather contraption that will speed load 97s and claim it is "period" because of what it is made out of. :D

Tha rules are fine as tha are. I've shot a 97 in two regional matches, both of wich helped me win them. Neither of which had anything ta do with an auto ejector. If a shooter needs an auto ejector he needs ta back up 3 steps an look at what he'e doing wrong.

RRR

Why does everyone assume that anyone who is in favor of this proposal is only interested in going faster? Lets see,

1) You're totally inept and have no idea how to run a double

2) You need to get out and practice

3) You're just a damn gamer that has to have a way to go faster

4) Shoot a 97, it has ejectors

5) We don't need no more stinking rules

6) The game has evolved to the point where it suits me to a 'T', to hell with what others might want

I guess if the founders had been happy we would still be shooting 30 carbine SBH's and Winchester 94's, right?

Most of the responders to this thread are missing the point.

It ain't (for the umpteenth time) about leveling the field against the 97 or trying to be gamey with a double. ONE more time: doubles with ejectors are a hindrance to being gamey because they are harder to open harder to cock and won't stay open as well.

No. The reason they should be legalized is because there is NO good reason not to. They offer NO competitive advantage. The only folks who would use them is newbies that already have such a gun and thus could get in the game that much sooner. And those same newbs would be saving shekels to get them disabled or buy a race gun w/o them. Meanwhile they could be shootin' instead of stayin' at the house.

They should be legalized because it is the right thing to do and just may help someone go ahead and get started with what they have. We need all the new shooters we can get.

It ain't at all about someone trying to get a leg up on others like everyone is jumpin' to the conclusion that it is. Alla y'all agin it need to just throttle back and think on it some instead of going with knee-jerk first reactions. If a newb showed with one and had a good time, just how would it negatively impact your game?

I would surely like to shoot my BSS, but I am not about to modify it for any SASS purposes. So, I'll just swallow my pride and shoot a Stoeger as long as the rules are what they are. :rolleyes:

If we keep it up,I suspect that we will be using semi autos by 2015. Good God, leave it alone.

^^^ A stalking horse argument. Prime example of what I was describing as a SASS-wide growing and now almost over-whelming sentiment that we are sick of changes and don't want any more, no matter what it is or how good it would be for the game. This widespread "feeling" is why FCGF is still not approved. Sometimes we can be too hidebound for our own good. Just like the cone. Great and much needed idea, just couldn't get any traction.

Good gravy is right. NO one was/is talking about semi-autos for pity's sake. Amazing how a little spring or two causes so much consternation.

Most of the responders to this thread are missing the point.

It ain't (for the umpteenth time) about leveling the field against the 97 or trying to be gamey with a double. ONE more time: doubles with ejectors are a hindrance to being gamey because they are harder to open harder to cock and won't stay open as well.

No. The reason they should be legalized is because there is NO good reason not to. They offer NO competitive advantage. The only folks who would use them is newbies that already have such a gun and thus could get in the game that much sooner. And those same newbs would be saving shekels to get them disabled or buy a race gun w/o them. Meanwhile they could be shootin' instead of stayin' at the house.

They should be legalized because it is the right thing to do and just may help someone go ahead and get started with what they have. We need all the new shooters we can get.

It ain't at all about someone trying to get a leg up on others like everyone is jumpin' to the conclusion that it is. Alla y'all agin it need to just throttle back and think on it some instead of going with knee-jerk first reactions. If a newb showed with one and had a good time, just how would it negatively impact your game?

All these imaginary newbies seem to only have shotguns with injectors? Sorry, no sale! They can borrow a shotgun.........

Archived