SASS Wire Forum

Rope Spinning, Tall Tales and such...

Awrighty... here in a couple weeks I... um, I mean Pecos Bill... has gotta make an appearance at a Cub Scout event.

Now, does anyone know of any on-line site where a body could get some quick instruction in rudimentary rope spinning...? :rolleyes:

Other suggestions to amuse and amaze the li'l tykes would be appreciated, too. And no guns... holsters will be stuffed with bananas. ;)

Darned non-believers! Can ya imagine some li'l 8-year old claiming ol' Bill never existed?? :lol:

Howdy,

I attended a seminar with Kowboy Kal at the SASS Convention a couple of years ago. Had a great time and it only took a couple of weeks for the rope burns to heal. :lol:

http://www.kowboykal.com/

I believe he sells an instructional DVD that might work since you have a few weeks. There are also a few videos on line, just do a search. Biggest thing I remember is to get the right kind of rope and have it be the right length. I don't remember the details unfortunately. I do recall that you need to constantly be rotating the rope in your "Off Hand" to keep the tail of the rope from knotting up. If the rope is too stiff, it will not give you any margin for error and if it is too long, you can create granny knot of epic proportions!

Good Luck,

Dogmeat Dad

Archived