SASS Wire Forum

Mustangs and Tigercats and Bearcats --Oh my!

Dusty Balz, SASS#46599

Sorry I get giddy this time every year, next week it all starts at Reno, friend sent me this video, shot from the "Valley of Speed" on the course at Reno last year. Check out the witch, "Strega" (number 7) she is flying over 500 mph!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXph7PUE0b8

Hear Tell some people down there seem to spend Saturday in front of a TV watching that game, never seen it myself, get busy living or get busy dieing ;)

Hear Tell some people down there seem to spend Saturday in front of a TV watching that game, never seen it myself, get busy living or get busy dieing ;)

There is a F7F Tigercat at Planes of Fame in Chino. There's another one I've seen flying a time or two, but I'm told it isn't the same one. I wasn't aware they were made in large numbers.

Guess I'll have to look that up.

Oh yeah, GREAT P-40, too. Thanks.

Rod Lewis owns two of them, "Here Kitty Kitty" and "The Big Boss man" They maybe based in Chino. I have been at Reno when there were 5 or 6 out there, they did a formation run, something to see.

Grummans, a Yak and Focke Wulf -- COOL! Do you know if that FW is powered by a BMW engine, or has something else been stuffed in there?

The Focke Wulf is a replica that was built (and a fine job) I am not sure what powers her but would suspect a Pratt and Whitney 2800

Mustang...prettiest warbird ever built.Spent many summers at the EAA fly-in waking up to the sound of warbirds flying in from different airfields each morning.What did the Strega do with the radiator to keep it cool?I see it's been moved or removed one or the other.

Archived