SASS Wire Forum

Need a break...shooting Sunday!

I need a break! I havn't shot in a couple of months for various reasons. Primary one has been spending to much time on getting ready for my wilderness Elk hunt to Wyoming....leave next Wednesday :rolleyes: Last thing I needed was to get my truck repaired as the PS booster gave up. Rifles sighted in out to 500 yards, packed & repacked about 10 times(as I am limited to 40# of personal stuff, less sleeping bag & rifle) and lots of workout time. I have lost 50# and had to take my holster rig to the leather guy for some alterations so I could use it Sunday :lol: Also been reloading for a shoot next month in Parump, NV.

One of my local clubs shoots Sunday, so I am shooting, start of pro football season on tv or NOT :o

I will definately enjoy myself, but the picture part is really a pain in the rear. The SASS website is one of the most difficult sites I frequent for adding pictures. Hate having to deal with another host and then transfer them over...it sucks :wacko:

I will definately enjoy myself, but the picture part is really a pain in the rear. The SASS website is one of the most difficult sites I frequent for adding pictures. Hate having to deal with another host and then transfer them over...it sucks :wacko:

Just e-mail em to me. I'll take care of it.

Big Sage, Tell ya what I'm willin' to do fer ya.............

Fer a small fee, I will ether go on the Elk hunt or shoot Sundays Match, yur choice !! :lol:;)

Big Sage, Tell ya what I'm willin' to do fer ya.............

Fer a small fee, I will ether go on the Elk hunt or shoot Sundays Match, yur choice !! :lol:;)

Your generosity overwhelms me :lol: I've been planning this hunt for a year...mostly getting my old body back in shape after years of abuse. Lost 50#, which of course required me to get a lot of new clothes. All kinds of alterations to my cowboy leather too. Bout the only thing that I didn't have to do was get different hat or boot sizes. :P The biggest thing for me will be the 30 mile horseback ride to get into camp. Been doing some riding, but my rearend and a saddle just don't seen to get along too well. :o

Your generosity overwhelms me :lol: I've been planning this hunt for a year...mostly getting my old body back in shape after years of abuse. Lost 50#, which of course required me to get a lot of new clothes. All kinds of alterations to my cowboy leather too. Bout the only thing that I didn't have to do was get different hat or boot sizes. :P The biggest thing for me will be the 30 mile horseback ride to get into camp. Been doing some riding, but my rearend and a saddle just don't seen to get along too well. :o

Are you guys going to do a 30 mile ride in one day or two? As I recall, standard Cavalry procedure was 15 miles a day, double that if needed. That was punishing on experienced riders and horses. With a combination of riding and walking 15 miles a day into and out of the area won't seem too bad after you've accomplished it. Sounds like your setting up for a good time. Good luck and have fun.

Tex

The 30 miles is a "one day" ride into the outfitters wilderness camp, about 4 miles from the SE corner of Yellowstone NP. He says takes 8+ hours, if there are no trail problems. He has been doing it for 30 years. I really love wilderness trips, have done 25 or more over the last 50 years, but most are rides of 15 miles or less. I will be wearing a set of bike riding shorts with padding...hope that it will help some. We'll see :wacko:

Archived