SASS Wire Forum

The Beguiled

Subdeacon Joe

Ya think...? :unsure:

I was purty young when I saw that... pondered the priesthood briefly, 'til I realized we Baptists didn't do that! :mellow:

There are a few Clint Eastwood movies I simply cannot watch. This is one of them.

#1 :angry:

It's a strange one to be sure. Somebody must have been eating some of those bad mushrooms (or smokin' 'em :blink: )

Don't know as I'd call it his worst. I remember onct trying to watch Coogan's Bluff, and it was so boring I turned the TV off and did something else. I thought Tightrope was a stinker too. The critics loved it, shoulda known that was a bad omen.

JHC (who's a big Eastwood fan)

The Beguiled was filmed at Belle Helene Plantation in Ascension Parish Louisiana. Several scenes were filmed there. They only used the outside shell of the plantation as the inside was basically gutted. It was really interesting to watch them film.. In thoses days Eastwood was a thin man.

Such naughty girls.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail did the "lone guy in a castle full of women" theme much better. :lol:

I saw it years ago. A rather dark movie. I liked the story, but unlike most of his other movies, have no interest in watching it again. A bit too gothic for my taste. And yep, Any Which Way But Loose was his biggest stinker ever.

Bucky

Archived