SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subdeacon Joe

The Beguiled

Ya think...? :unsure:

I was purty young when I saw that... pondered the priesthood briefly, 'til I realized we Baptists didn't do that! :mellow:

There are a few Clint Eastwood movies I simply cannot watch. This is one of them.

#1 :angry:

Probably his worst....

It's a strange one to be sure. Somebody must have been eating some of those bad mushrooms (or smokin' 'em :blink: )

Don't know as I'd call it his worst. I remember onct trying to watch Coogan's Bluff, and it was so boring I turned the TV off and did something else. I thought Tightrope was a stinker too. The critics loved it, shoulda known that was a bad omen.

JHC (who's a big Eastwood fan)

"Play Misty for Me" rates right down near the bottom as well...

The Beguiled was filmed at Belle Helene Plantation in Ascension Parish Louisiana. Several scenes were filmed there. They only used the outside shell of the plantation as the inside was basically gutted. It was really interesting to watch them film.. In thoses days Eastwood was a thin man.

Any Which Way You Can was his worst movie. A sequel to a half backed comedy doesn't spell success. Beguiled was creepy on a lot of levels.

Such naughty girls.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail did the "lone guy in a castle full of women" theme much better. :lol:

Gran Torino is the only other movie where I can recall that Eastwood's character died.

I saw it years ago. A rather dark movie. I liked the story, but unlike most of his other movies, have no interest in watching it again. A bit too gothic for my taste. And yep, Any Which Way But Loose was his biggest stinker ever.

Bucky

Every Which Way But Loose

Any Which Way You Can(?)

He died in Honkytonk Man. Seems to me he WAS dead in High Plains Drifter. I never thought of Coogans Bluff as dull!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.