SASS Wire Forum

AMERICAN WESTERN ARMS (AWA) dead or alive?

Larry Earp SASS#60034

Another shooter and I have been trying to contact AWA for over 3 months. We have both had checks cashed by AWA that we mailed them for parts but haven't received our parts. By trying to contact them I mean at least 4 or 5 phone calls a week and numerous emails. NOTHING!!!!! The emails go through and there is an answering machine that picks up on the phone by no one ever responds to messages that we leave.

Has anyone had any contact with Russell Simpson or anyone else at AWA?

Larry Earp (a former fan of the AWA Lightning)

I took a close look at my AWA Lightning and it says "Mateba" on the barrel. When I looked up Mateba, Italy there were several articles stating that Mateba went bankrupt at least two years ago. If that's the case I don't know where AWA (if they are still in business) would get their parts for the Lightning.

I'm hoping someone has a personal relationship with the owner, Russell Simpson, and can enlighten us Lightning owners in need of parts and warranty work.

Larry

WOW :unsure: AWA is missing since September. Do you think they know it :huh:

SlicLee,

You live close buy, can you check it out, I have been trying to get a hold of them, they have a rifle of mine and if they are getting out of the business I sure would love to get it back.

KK

WOW :unsure: AWA is missing since September. Do you think they know it :huh:

I don't understand your comment about AWA missing since September??? I don't know of anyone who has heard from them since the first of June. I'm sure we AWA owners would appreciate your help as Kiowa Kid requested.

Archived