SASS Wire Forum

US OPEN pictures, reports, blackmail videos?

Grizzly Dave

Well, Lady T and I rolled in around 6:30 or so and the cover dish social was in full swing. Lots of mingling and what not. Along about dark thirty there was some rousing hymns sang, lead by a few of the Dooley Gang and Blackwater and maybe a few unknown backup singers. We adjourned around 10:00 and everyone went to bed. Lights out, good night :rolleyes:

At least that is my story (unless there are pictures)…other accounts may very

On a side note, there was a well know, Lemonade toting Cowboy that was missing until this morning so if there is a report tomorrow.... :wacko:

Off to the sidematches

Rattlesnake made a new friend and he is smokin fast. His name is Lefty and Snake will have to bring his A game with this young man.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/coltfaro/th_ec1d8382.jpg

There were 87 people in the Dooley Gang Shooting School this morning. Here is a pic from it.

http://emob6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/coltfaro/f7b6dfe5.jpg

Here is Rattlesnake Wrangler showing his pistol technique at the Dooley Gang School

http://emob6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/coltfaro/2fbba1d0.jpg

Today was a good day we had a couple of stages that had singles but other than that not too bad. Snake had kind of a rough day but he is going to try and smooth it out tomorrow. The good news is the weather cooperated today just a little light rain and I hope it holds out tomorrow.

Here is one point I really need to make about this match and this facility. First of all everyone involved with putting this match on is doing an incredible job!!! No big issues of any kind and lots and lots of FUN!!! The stages are very good and the props are first class. Now this facility here folks is nothing short of incredible! It is literally a shooters paradise. For anyone who hasn't been here yet you must put this on your list of GO TO shoots. From the on location RV park with full 50 amp hook ups (1000 spaces) to the indoor facilities, gift shop, restaurants and even a bar to their state of the art massive ranges that go on for miles there is not a sane shooter in the world that wouldn't say this place is one of if not the best shooting facilities in the world.

Rattlesnake and I are having a blast no matter what our performance here. It's just truly an absolute pleasure to be here and we look forward to the next big event here. It was well worth the 15 hour drive for us from Houston. I can't stress enough that everyone must see this place!!!

Colt

After the main match today we had a team shoot that was just nothing but fun! There was even a shotgun team match where 24 birds went up and 4 man teams took out as many as possible. This was just way cool!!! After that was over there was a double and 97 fun challenge that took place with cherry picked teams. After the counters were well paid the double shooters came out clean and on top. LOL. Much to the dismay of the 97 shooters. Oh well maybe their pockets will be deeper next time. Lol

This evening we had an included BBQ meal, side match awards that were presided over by my good friends Ringo Fire and Mose Spencer. These fine gentlemen, and I say that with my eyes rolling, did a great job of entertaining us and hosting the awards. I can't believe that they would actually hold the ladies awards until they would give them hug. Lol. Those guys are gonna get theirs no matter what! Lol. My new heroes! Following the awards there was musical entertainment and kareoke. This event was held in the same building where all the vendors were set up so you could shop all you wanted at the same time. This made a convenient situation for both shoppers and vendors! Great idea guys!!!

That's all for now,

Colt

Here is a video of me shooting and Nuttin Graceful on the timer and Rattlesnake is the silliy commentary.

I'll have more pics to come

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-eCfqsS_A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Archived