SASS Wire Forum

To Close for Comfort!

Denver Don

That Texas Wild Fire is just a little tooo Close for Comfort ...

not to me mind ya but some Friends and Relatives ...

My Cousin lives out side of Houston and was told to leave by the State Troopers yesterday!

The Fire is right there by his house ... he tried to sneak back to his house

Several times to get a few things and got caught ... they told him next time

He Goes to Jail .... I'm thinking about callin on the Prayer Posse and or Some Indian

Friends to do a little Rain Dance For Texas .... although my Cousin is 1/2 Apache

so he should be able to do it... I am part Cherokee.... but I can only pretend ta do it!

So I guess my hands are tied so I am just going to Pray for him instead ....

here is a few pics from his house .... click the pic it will go to the next there is 5 of em.

God I am praying for rain to put out the wild fires that are to close to peoples houses ,I ask in Jesus name.Amen

God I am praying for rain to put out the wild fires that are to close to peoples houses ,I ask in Jesus name.Amen

Amen, and amen. It's been a horrible summer. The area around Possum Kingdom Lake just got burnt up AGAIN as if the first time wasn't bad enough. And the poor folks around Bastrop (near Austin) have had Hell's own time as well. Frankly, I'm surprised it's not been worse. I looked up our local weather records on the 'net a few days ago, and IIRC Abilene has had 78 days over 100 (old record was 46) and 21 days over 105. San Angelo where one of my step son lives (90 miles SW) has been even worse. All the stock tanks are dry, even big lakes like OC Fisher res. near San Angelo......dry.

JHC :angry:

Prayers out to all affected by the fires. If asked to evacuate from a wildfire zone just go. You may want to check on your belongings but it's not worth your life or the life of ES workers. It's only stuff. Those fires are a beast with a mind of their own, like lightning all the rules go out the window. Stay safe.

ya know the other bad part is ... a couple years ago my cousin came home after a bad storm to find his garage roof and his Harley in his living room his bed room in the back yard ect.... tore his place up bad .... so he had it rebuilt .... now the fire is knocking at his door ..... he is not having any luck in that neighborhood......

Well MY Cousins oldest girl cant get in her neighborhood but was told her house

is gone she said no official word but 2% chance that they where wrong and it could

be there ... MY Cousin said it is a 40 acre field separating his house from the fire

and 12 hrs ago it was burning his neighbors house .... last i heard from him so I

imagine he went to the nearest saloon to wait it out......

Archived