SASS Wire Forum

Lightning users

Ace_of_Hearts

What you may have intended to ask is, Is it possible to open the action when the hammer is already up? On the Pedersoli, there's a lever/button/whatever on the front side of the trigger guard; depress it and you can pump out any loaded shells one after the other without having to lower the hammer between pumps. I do not know if it's possible to pull the trigger with the lever pushed; suppose I ought to try it on some snap caps.

You can angle the stop on the cartridge stop. That will allow the override of the positive lock on opening the rifle. My original Colt 32-20 was done that way. I don't know if it was from the factory or modified later.

You can angle the stop on the cartridge stop. That will allow the override of the positive lock on opening the rifle. My original Colt 32-20 was done that way. I don't know if it was from the factory or modified later.

This requires explanation ...Please.

I don't actually know the make.

Shooter came to the unloading table and to show "clear", closed the action and pulled the trigger and then opened the action again.

The shooter got upset when I told him to please don't go that and to ride the hammer down with his thumb if he had to, but don't just let it fall. My original post was to gain information on different model lightnings and if they had a way of opening the action without DROPPING the hammer on what might be a live round left in the gun.

Also if there was a modification that could be added that would allow opening the action on those that did not have such a release.

Shooter came to the unloading table and to show "clear", closed the action and pulled the trigger and then opened the action again.

On the positive side, he proved his chamber was empty. :lol:

On the negative side, he'll get a VERY rude surprise someday. And some innocent bystander may pay the price. :blush:

I don't actually know the make.

The shooter got upset when I told him to please don't go that and to ride the hammer down with his thumb if he had to, but don't just let it fall. My original post was to gain information on different model lightnings and if they had a way of opening the action without DROPPING the hammer on what might be a live round left in the gun.

Also if there was a modification that could be added that would allow opening the action on those that did not have such a release.

Again, if it's a Pedersoli, it's already possible to work the action without touching the trigger. See my first post, above. Note, however, that this wasn't mentioned anywhere in the gun's literature; I found the feature purely by accident ("I wonder what this does?"). I can't believe the other clones don't have something similar, although I can readily believe they never developed something for the originals.

Momma's AWA requires you safely lower the hammer with thumb while pulling the trigger. Could be a surprise in there if you just pull the trigger.

Ace is right. After a dump stage where we all lost count of ejected live rounds and shots fired; the nut behind the pump handle held the trigger down while showing clear. "Bang" goes the Lightning and a hole appears in the wooden barricade downrange of the unloading table. :ph34r: Match DQ :excl: That person learned to lower the hammer GENTLY on the rifle check at the end of the stage. Of course; his name is still "Mudd" around here. :blush:

AWA Lightning. .45 Cal.

Archived