SASS Wire Forum

I will NEVER use UPS again.

Dutch Cassidy SASS 5252

• 2 weeks later...

UPS left a set of golf clubs by my garage door in the rain. Too lazy to walk up the steps to my porch. FedEx all that way!

I guess you haven't seen the video that's going around showing a FedEx driver throwing a large Dell Computer box over a fence into the front yard of a house. I don't think any shipper (USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) has a monopoly on bad business practices. As large as these outfits are, there are bound to be a number of bad actors involved in the delivery process.

Ignorant, is a person does not know something about something, But, can be taught !

Stupid, is if a person does not posses the capability of learning.

As my Drill Sergeant in Basic Training said, "Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is usually terminal."

I had a company that make custom ammo ship me a package by mistake. It was marked as ammo with the neat little UPS sticker (ORD)on all sides. I called the company, they realized the error and asked that I ship them back UPS and they would reimburse me. Mind you this is an unopened package.

Went to the local hub and explained the situation. Counter guy is ok with it as long as I pay. The guy scrounging around through the copy machines chimes in and says " UPS don't ship ammo". I'm standing there with a box of ammo that they had delivered, and counter guy kind of rolls his eyes..

There was a meeting of the minds and counter guy now says they can't take it from me without me having an FFL. I asked how I was supposed to ship it back and counter guy stares me in the eye and says,"Go out and come back in and lie to me about what is in the package."

I went out, had the company express mail me a return label and went to FedEx......

Now that we have established that it is difficult to impossible to ship firearms and related firearm stuff thru UPS,,,, and we kinda know that we can not get elephants to fly, why go back there (UPS) the next time to see if the elephant can fly,,errrrrr ship a part from a firearm by UPS? LOL. Go straight to FEDEX and save the hassle. :mellow: Or misrepresent what you are shipping as some have suggested.. Kinda like fudging scores,,,, or something like that.

Arguing or trying to edges-u-Kate the clerk, who is trying to keep their job and not make waves is rather a fruitless effort.

Bet the the OP will use UPS for something in the future. "NEVER" (in the title) is a very definite meaning word? Don't ya think? :blush:

Time to get getting, coffee is on, blue skies,,,, a weekend w/o work, guns to clean and shoot,,,, cars to wash, and all that good stuff.

Have a great day,

Blastmaster

I tried to ship a complete rifle to Taylor for repairs and UPS refused to take it even though I had received it via UPS in the first place.

After talking with Taylor I sent it via UPS but labeled it as a "wood and metal sculpture" and insured it for $1500.00. (I own an art gallery and learned a long time ago you can call anything art). Had no problem then.

Sage Creek Gus

I always just use USPS for rifles, shotguns and parts. If it is a pistol, I am happy to let my FFL ship it. Saves me many hours of grief and frustration.

Sat morning, it's cold. Waiting for the garage to heat up so I can go tinker.

Checked my e-mail, and their was a note that someone had quoted a post on this thread.

So, with freshly brewed cup of coffee in hand, by the time I finish this, the garage will be warm.

We ALL will encounter, 'sales people', that don't know their job.

And most of us P&M about it, because it feels good to blow off a little steam.

But, DO Something About It ! otherwise it will only get worse.

I used to help out at a Gun Shop. One day a customer called and asked me: "Where is his gun that he had shipped here". Well I told him I didn't know anything about it, but will go back to the Post Office. I did, and asked the new postmaster, who was working their a week now. She said: "Well I have a package address to the Gun Shop, but it doesn't have a P.O. box number on it, so I was about to send it back". I told her there is only ONE 'Gun Shop' in town (a town of about 2,000) so could she perhaps put a notice in the box, and then ask me about it? Well she got the package, threw it on the counter, and had me sign. And then asked me if it was a Gun. I looked at the box, (it was a handgun) and said, "Well it is coming from Bobs Guns, going to The Gun Shop, I believe it is a Gun". She then, put her hand on her ample hips and said: "Well I Don't Like Guns".

I told her that was her right, but it is your JOB, to follow the rules, and deliver all legal packages, and if you don't want to do your job, I will do everything in my power to see to it, that you don't have this job. She put her hands on her hips again and said: "Is that a threat". I leaned over the counter and said: "No madam, it is a Guarantee".

Well for a couple of weeks, packages were late, notices for big things were not in the mail box. Then one day I received a phone call from a customer asking why I had not sent out the thing I sold him. I told him, "because I haven't received your check". He told me he mailed it a week and a half ago. I confirmed the address with him, it was the right one. Next day I asked the post master, Nope she never saw such a envelope. The next day, that person called again, and he said he got his envelope, (with the check in it) back, with a sticker on it saying, "Addressee UN Known" I told him to send me the envelope and all, and sent the item to him. (No it's wasn't a gun). When I got his envelope, with his envelope in it, (had him sent it to my home address) I took it to the postmaster and asked about it, and got a very 'snippy' response. (The envelope return address in bold letters said: (xxx SHOOTERS SUPPLY xxx)

Well, I did something, I photo copied that, and described all that she had done, and sent that to the Post Master General. 2 weeks later, and ever since, everything has been perfect, and she is syrupy sweet to me now.

The point is not to tell you what, I, did. But to show you, something CAN be done! You, CAN, change things. You, CAN, do something about a situation!

Their are several hundred thousand, or millions, of people, that these kind of things happen to every day, in all sorts of situations. If just 1 percent of them, would stand on their two hind feet, and SAY something about that situation, to that places, higher ups. In many cases, something will be done about it.

And of course, this Fall, it is REALLY Important. Or do want another 4 years of someone taking money out of, YOUR, pocket, to give to those who are to lazy to work?

Well garage should be nice and toasty now.

Well, the stories never change year after year! :blink:

They haven't correct the problem yet! Well, I'll be darned.

Go figure! :wacko:

Happy trails

QDG

Archived