SASS Wire Forum

Venting!

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

Hello Pards,

I'm sick of folks who make a big deal about what others shoot! If it's legal, leave folks alone!

Short strokes are a fact of life in SASS!

Model '97 SGs are a fact of life in SASS!

If you want your own category, fine. Start a grass-roots campaign to gather support from like-minded individuals. Ditto if you want a rule change. In the meantime, be glad that you can shoot what you like and let others do the same.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Great vent

Please include Rank Points they too are a fact of life in SASS.

You opened a post started by HKU in which he was promoting the same cause over which you are venting! Now it would seem to me that if he, or you, had not wanted others views, this subject would not have been brought up as such by someone you agree with?? Remember, you do not want to see such talk as it does not suit your agenda BUT those who call for these changes are simply doing as you yourself advocated! And I quote, "If you want your own category, fine. Start a grass-roots campaign to gather support from like-minded individuals. Ditto if you want a rule change. In the meantime, be glad that you can shoot what you like and let others do the same." Correct me if I am wrong but has anyone stopped you from playing by all current rules while these people keep playing also while seeking what they think would be game improvements, in their minds? If opinions and change had never been advocated by some of the players, SASS would still be the same game it was back when. Be glad we have a venue in which we are all allowed to voice varying opinions and hope no one ever listens to those who would promote muzzling our voices.

You opened a post started by HKU in which he was promoting the same cause over which you are venting! Now it would seem to me that if he, or you, had not wanted others views, this subject would not have been brought up as such by someone you agree with?? Remember, you do not want to see such talk as it does not suit your agenda BUT those who call for these changes are simply doing as you yourself advocated! And I quote, "If you want your own category, fine. Start a grass-roots campaign to gather support from like-minded individuals. Ditto if you want a rule change. In the meantime, be glad that you can shoot what you like and let others do the same."

Correct me if I am wrong but has anyone stopped you from playing by all current rules while these people keep playing also while seeking what they think would be game improvements, in their minds? If opinions and change had never been advocated by some of the players, SASS would still be the same game it was back when. Be glad we have a venue in which we are all allowed to voice varying opinions and hope no one ever listens to those who would promote muzzling our voices.

Hello Bob,

Anyone can open a thread and post about what they like within the guidelines. I'm doing so. So can you. I'm not trying to muzzle anyone. I am just saying what I am tired of hearing over and over with no work to make it happen.

I got fed up with the bickering before and even tried to help folks gather requirements for a big bore, no short stroke category. I spent quite a bit of time on it. It went no where. Sufficient numbers of folks could not compromise to make it work. Besides, the "no short stroke" part might have been unenforceable.

Regards,

Allie Mo

My Dear, I'm afraid that bickering, like taxes, is inevitable. ;)

Just remember, many posters have figured out the squeaky wheel concept. It seemed like one could not open a post on here for two years or more without it turning into something about the Henry RA rifle and why shouldnt it be legal. No matter how unpopular the gun was or how much it flew in the face of the then current established rules, it passed! ( But then, we did see a lot of back entry work taking place right out in the open!) Who knows, perhaps one morning the WB will awake and decide to limit '97s to the WB cat, couldnt be any weirder than what happened with that Henry. On the WIRE, it usually takes a complaint to respond to a complaint and it actually just perpetuates the original argument.

Way to go Allie, now I shoot what I want and when I want in the category I choose, have switch around alot in the years I have been shooting and happy with it.

Now I have been on the SASS wire for a few years, have seen alot and heard alot, I look at them, decide if I want to put my 2 cents in or not, I also look to see who posted to see how long they have been in SASS, that tells alot to me right there, now granted winter time in the SASS wire can be hectic, everyone is cooped up, can't shoot, so they post something stupid and get everyone's blood boiling, this is shooter's that can't shoot all year long, some of us have snow and cold weather, some have hot and humid.

The ones that gripe the most just like to gripe, that is their nature, can't help it, that is just the way it is. They like to see things heat up, but in the long run they don't want to help get things changed, they just gripe in print and look at all the postings to see who is posting, that is why I don't post in some of them, I just look and read.

As for the new people coming in, please don't believe everything you read in the SASS wire, look at the rules, talk to the president of your club or your TG and let's hope they are worthly of information so you get it right, not off the SASS wire. Shooting in SASS is completely different than the SASS wire.

Ok, my vent is off now, have a good day

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. THE SASS WIRE IS NOT SASS

Hi Jackie,

That was just a regular vent.

Hubby hates it when I "hyper-vent." That usually causes me to fall down. Did it at the Vet's office once. An odor made me do it. Hubby said it sure scared the Vet. He told the Vet I'd be back in a bit. Did it at work once when I hit my crazy bone on the corner of a file cabinet. Freaked them out too. I came to thinking I'd died. There was a circle of buff handsomeness looking down at me (Firemen).

I've pretty much given up on hyper-venting. It scares folks. So, I learned to control my breathing around odors and when I've hurt myself. Haven't done it in about 15 years.

That was probably TMI. :unsure::rolleyes:

Hi JD,

You are a wise man. I need to control my fingers more. :unsure: Not gonna happen. :rolleyes: I really need to get out more and spend less time here. Gonna happen. I'm working on it. :)

I do enjoy the Wire. I even enjoy the "dead horse beating." :rolleyes: Don't tell anyone. Honestly, new folks don't know they are "dead." Newbies, don't take offence if you start a DH topic and get slammed. I can remember my first slam and still get slammed.

I just think it is selfish to want to change existing categories to suit a few individual's ideas about shooting it. Too many folks have invested time and money in them to "pull the rug out from under them."

I have great respect for the folks who are shooting FCGF and Outlaw. That is the way to get things done (get categories recognized). I don't get why FCGF keeps getting voted down. Adding new categories is fine with me. Just leave the existing ones alone. Unless you are thinking about being more inclusive, not more exclusive. Along that line of thought, I think we should allow GF style to be used in age-based categories.

Guess I'm rambling...

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie, just keep those fingers typing, I enjoy your posts, as I have ask you questions in PM's and you have answered them, just keep doing what you are doing

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. we all need to vent once in awhile, I do sometimes, usually just yell at the pc, it won't talk back or type back, LOL

Allie Mo, you had me "Venting" :wub:

We will miss you this week at the Open, see you down the trail and keep on typing.

You are so right Allie Mo. I have heard it for over 16 years and I think if they don't like what others shoot, they should go play Golf !!!!!!!!!! V.D.

Hey now - one can shoot SASS and play golf :D so please....don't send 'em to the golf course... that game has enough whiners as it is :lol:

G ( a lover of golf )G ~

Ok, (Insert pledge and safety meeting here) Now just shut up and go shoot. :)

Aye sir :D ...I'll man the unloading table for a spell....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Who knows, perhaps one morning the WB will awake and decide to limit '97s to the WB cat, couldnt be any weirder than what happened with that Henry.

Well, it would be pretty weird alright, since WB is not a SASS category. ;)

Archived