SASS Wire Forum

SS media and tumbler?

Flinthills Dawg

Ok folks i need educated. I purchased some brass from an individual that was cleaned with stainless steel media. My oh my was it NICE! At this moment I'm running two old midway tumblers with corn cob and one with walnut media. So my question is what tumbler and what size SS media do I need to get?

I've got some I ordered, but I've got a dillon vibrator, dunt wurk so good in a vibrator.

5lbs for $40 shipped.

Cheyenne

Absolutely astounding results with the Thumler's B & stainless steel media.

Don't try and substitute, build your own, or cut corners . Get the Lemi-shine granuals at your local Walmart for a third the cost is the only thing I have found to be an acceptable alternative to buying your equipment and supplies from the SSTM folks, or the Buffalo Arms store.

If you are going to piece-meal it, make sure you buy the high-speed Thumler's Tumbler only.

I will search and post a link that helped me to prep the Thumler's for optimim condition to extend it's life many-fold.

You will never clean brass any other way, but don't pitch your vibratory unit! It still has some uses that the Thumler's cannot address.

Archived