SASS Wire Forum

What cha All Do fer Labor Day?

Denver Don

Well I myself had my a rite fine bbq .... was a just grillin up a storm.... mama at the stove makin tatter salid and baked beans, pasta salid , backed mac and cheese wif extrie lots of cheese ..... i was grillin up some dogs fer them young whipper snappers, and some kajun burgers, some regular ones toooo wif and wif out cheese, of course some bbq steak burgers to ... was thinkin of ribs but dont know where i coulda fitem and as a usual i et me a lil bit tooo much i recon ta make sure i keep qualified fer that thar OTBC .... and yep i lost me blt buckle again dangit ..... was thar this mornin .... :D

No trash service today, no mail service, and many stores were closed or had reduced hours. Why do they call it Labor Day when so few people are working then? Labor day should be a day of actual LABOR!

But aside from the rant, I was drinking beer and grilling locally raised New York strip steaks over mesquite chunks for our dinner guests. The steaks were served with tater salad, fresh string beans that cooked all last night on low heat in the crock pot with a ham bone, sliced fresh 'maters, Southern sweet tea, and homemade cookies and pound cake that was brought by our guests. I tell ya, it's hard to beat good beer, good food and good company.

Had to spend a loooong day in the office. Got pulled over on the way home - let off with a "warning" about "rolling through stop signs."

In retrospect, I think she might've just wanted to check out the character driving the faded Dodge pickup - wasn't 'til I got home that I realized... there is no stop sign there. :huh:

I went in the Pool this AM and had breakfast. Big Medicine SASS#19 and I went to the movies, saw The Debt. Then headed back home, stopping by Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney. We went into Trader Sam. Disney opened a cocktail lounge next to the Tangaroa Restaurant in the Hotel complex. When ordering a Shrunken Head drink, your bar stool shrinks down about a foot. A Shipwreak will make a ship in a bottle get caught in a storm and water sprays from the ceiling as the ship sinks.

A Lava Flow will make a huge mountain scene with water and clouds turn RED and erupt like Krakatoa. Very lively crowd in there, and the bartenders all worked on the Jungle Boats and know all the jokes. Trader Sam will trade two of his shrunken heads for one of yours. Just sayin'

Big Jake

and the bartenders all worked on the Jungle Boats and know all the jokes.

Big Jake

Thats funny you mentioned that, i remember the last time i was on the jungle boat i was abot 12 ....and we went by a boat with a skeleton in it and the driver said natives most of got her .... he then said you can tell its a woman cause her mouth is open..... al this time and that stuck in my head ... B):lol: :lol:

Fired up the forge and beat out some fire-steels, a couple of campfire coffepot stands, and worked on a custom outhouse doorknob/latch for my neighbors' place. Then me an the missus went riding for a couple of hours, and then I went over to my best friends place cause thatt's wher my MIG welder is at the moment, and made up some bending jigs for my blacksmithy stuff and did some more custom outhouse work. Came home and made some reproduction 18th century musket tow-worms and vent picks outta some old brazing rod. Sta down and tried to read the latest Muzzleblast but my eyes are done for the day. Took a shower and wnet to bed, now I'm up at 3 a.m. trying to get rid of the pain from all the days' work. They're right, this gettin old crap ain't fer sissies! :angry:

Bodine

Worked for 5 hours (10:00-3:00) at my part time job at the gun shop/range. We were fairly busy, folks want to shoot anyday day of the year I guess. Got out of there and went directly to Burger King and got a whopper meal and sat in my car and ate and listened to the Indians lose to the Tigers.:blink: Rye

To tell you the truth I kinda forgot about it. Spent most of the day writin in the man cave, hauled some old roof panels to the dump and cooked spaghetti fer dinner.

Labor day don't mean much when you have every day off I reckon. :lol:

Had to work until 1 PM, went to the madhouse grocery store twice, then went "dove hunting" at my buddy's place. There wasn't a dove to be seen so we mostly hung out and drank a couple cold ones. Came home, had my wife's green chile chicken soup for supper, watched some TV. Not real exciting, but coulda been worse.

JHC

Went to a 15% off sale and picked up some more primers plus oil for changing the oil in my Honda generator.Came home and got on here for a while then burnt up a steak on the grill and watched the NHRA Nationals at Indy.

Tried to stay dry down here in Mississippi. Pretty much how I spent the entire weekend. Just did it from different buildings on Camp Shelby, depending on whether I was on duty or not.

Had a GREAT long weekend!!!

Slipped in the shower Weds morn. Didn't think anything of it. By Friday morning I couldn't move my left arm. Doc said I goofed up the rotator cuff. He gave me a sling, happy pills, and a stern admonition NOT TO DO ANYTHING until Tuesday.

As my dear wife knows, I ALWAYS follow the Doc's orders exactly.

You know, you can cram a lot of football, baseball, computer yapping, reading, and napping into a long weekend when you're not interrupted by all them chore things. :)

Arm's much better. So am I.

Me 'n Miss Cubbie made a four hour road trip to Conroe and picked up my new CUSTOM LONE STAR ROLLING BLOCK I've been waitin' on for 5 months or so!! God is it bew-t-full!!!

Gunstock Smith

You know the rules!!!

Post a picture NOW!!! :angry:^_^:lol:

Now that is a nice rifle.

Hilda Billie and I went shootin, she is a lovin those .38s. Then we went back the the portable palace, and packed up and back to the house after a long weekend of kickin back and relaxin.

Archived