SASS Wire Forum

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Doc Windshadow

The film has always been either at or near the top of my personal favorite westerns list....

but for many years I have only seen it on TV and even when it was on a newer wide tv it was still panned and scanned quite a bit. today I watched a restored print version in Blue Ray HDef on a huge 65" plasma screen at a friends home theatre and it was properly leterboxed so you could see all of the original layout and framing decisions that he made as director... The first time I have seen the film this way since I saw it in a theatre back in 1976.

And over and Over I felt that in addition to being an even better film than I had remembered it as.... the film as cinema was beautiful on so many levels if you get a chance to see it this way do not pass it up

OH YEAH one of my all time favorite of all time .

GREAT MOVIE

GOD BLESS THE USA.

+1,

Just watched it a couple weeks ago. VERY good film!:blush:

Just watched Jeremiah Johnson too. Another favorite.

Seem to be catching up on all the old good films lately.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I just finished reading the book, The Outlaw Josey Wales, by Forrest Carter. Finished it last night around midnight. Couldn't put it down. This is one of the few movies that is true to the book upon which it was based. Great job on both.

I just finished reading the book, The Outlaw Josey Wales, by Forrest Carter. Finished it last night around midnight. Couldn't put it down. This is one of the few movies that is true to the book upon which it was based. Great job on both.

+ 1!

I LOVED Chief Dan George's character in that movie..One of Clint's best, IMHO.. B)

Chief Dan George stole the movie, IMHO.

Love the movie but two blaring mistakes always make me laugh- 1) cartridge conversion pistolas in Mizzourah before 1867 (not!), and 2) "Bloody" Bill Anderson was only 26 when he was killed near Centralia, MO. That guy in the movie was in his 50s! :lol:

Still one of the best movies ever though.

"Well. Are ya gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?"

...and

Josie: " When I get to likin' somebdy, they ain't around long."

Chief Dan: " I noticed that when you get to dislikn' somebody, they ain't around long niether."

Bodine

Archived