SASS Wire Forum

Wolverine Range War

Colt McAllister

To expand on Doc Pain's post, what a great match. I haven't had that much fun shooting a match in years. Deuce and the rest of the Rangers sould be very proud of themselves. I don't know how you nominate a match for match of the year, but Range war was it. It was a very shooter friendly match plus a very challenging match as well. You knew you shot a match when this one was over.

It was a great change from shooting dumpsters at 3 yrds. for pistol and doors at 10 yrds for rifle. Matches like this one is the reason I started shooting in the first place.

Thanks again for relighting the CAS fire for me.

I have been at all the Range Wars but the first one. The Rangers do a great job of putting on a excellant match and a overall fun weekend. Congrats to all the winners, and a big thanks to all who worked so hard to make it a good time. See Ya there next year !!!

Just wanted to agree with Colt about this match.

It was what I've been missing. We got to shoot targets you had to look at your sights for, But no it was not a bullseye match the plates were varying shapes of 16" 18" 20" pistols were set from 5 to 7 yards, rifle looked to be anywhere from 12 to 20 yards. There was quite a bit of movement, and I don't mean one step to the right then 2 steps left, I mean we got to run, my wife said that was one of her favorite parts of the match. This match got my adreniline going and thats what I got into this game for. Please bring back more of this kind of shooting.

Black Tom

I couldn't agree more with what Colt, Black Tom & Doc Molar said. Beginning to end twas a heck of a match & banquet. Great stages & great folks, had a heck of a good time. Deuce, KJ, RJ Law & The Lady, Emily & many others deserve a lot of credit for a wonderful match. Thanks to all yall for one heck of a GOOD TIME.

Archived