SASS Wire Forum

TEXAS STAR

Blacksmith Jim #68489 L TG

Hey there Cowboys and of course Cowgirls. I think this has been brought up before, I'm looking for a set of plans or drawings for a TEXAS STAR, Anything would be appreciated, send me a PM will reply to all. THANK YALL Blacksmith Jim

These targets are instruments of the devil and should not be allowed anywhere near CAS ranges for fear of contamination of good Christian Cowboys. :ph34r:

It's a target Tony. Kinda like a drunk windmill. Ya need ta git out more.

Jimmy, you gonna try buildin' some a those crazy things?

Hey there LD good to hear from ya, Why not I kinda like those crazy little windmills. Hope to see ya this Sat. BLACKSMITH JIM

Hi Blacksmith,

The guy that invented this great target is Terry Ashton and lives in San Antonio the last time I knew.

I will send you a pm with the email addy I have which is from some time ago.

We imported one from him back in 2002 and I have been making them here in Aust with his kind permission.

Cheers

These targets are instruments of the devil and should not be allowed anywhere near CAS ranges for fear of contamination of good Christian Cowboys. :ph34r:

That's the funniest and truest I've heard in a long time! :lol:

I did a BP night shoot with one of those deranged animals once and thought I'd gone to.... well you get the idea. :lol:

I will be there, BJ. Should be some cooler so mebbe I kin finish all the stages for a change. I swear it's been so mizzable this summer I've DNFed more than I finished.

I got faith ye can make one of those stars. I would think a real good bearing would be the most important part. I've never shot one but it looks like fun.

Now the next question is where would ya put it? I hear tell from a coupla little birdies we will soon have a new club out on Tascosa Road. That will be a little far for me but when I get retired again (for good this time) it won't matter. 37 weeks to go.

I will be there, BJ. Should be some cooler so mebbe I kin finish all the stages for a change. I swear it's been so mizzable this summer I've DNFed more than I finished.

I got faith ye can make one of those stars. I would think a real good bearing would be the most important part. I've never shot one but it looks like fun.

Now the next question is where would ya put it? I hear tell from a coupla little birdies we will soon have a new club out on Tascosa Road. That will be a little far for me but when I get retired again (for good this time) it won't matter. 37 weeks to go.

Lone Dog

Terry has retired from making the Star. As you know he is in San Angelo not San Antonio.

Nope, Fred I didn't know that. So is no one making them for commercial sale these days? Don't know that we could afford one anyhow...

Jimmy is talking about making one from scratch, just needs the plans. I have no doubt he has the ability to do so but some plans would sure help him out I'm sure.

I have 2 of Mike Gibson's "Whirlybirds". They are built to last forever, HOWEVER, I have not been successful with them at CAS matches. The springs holding the plates and the plate attachment system makes them much harder to dislodge that the original Stars. I have worked on the springs and slightly beveled the edges of the plates, but you still need a PF of 100+ at 10yds. to dislodge them reliably. They work great for WBAS though!!

Hey BlackSmith Jim

I have one of the Texas Star's on my range at the ranch. You are welcome to take pictures & measurments the next time you are in our area. Dusty Bottoms took pictures and measurments of mine and made him one for his range on his ranch a few weeks back.

Goatneck

HEY there GOATNECK Good to hear from you, Cayenne and myself will probably be over there next month. She's itchin to get her SKB from ya. I'll give you a holler this week. thanks Blacksmith Jim

Hey there Cowboys and of course Cowgirls. I think this has been brought up before, I'm looking for a set of plans or drawings for a TEXAS STAR, Anything would be appreciated, send me a PM will reply to all. THANK YALL Blacksmith Jim

Hi Blacksmith I emailed u some pics of the one in my backyard. Did they help any.? If u need measurments let me know.

They sold for $500.00..... I have $53.00 in mine bearing and shaft.

See ya

CCBA

Hi Blacksmith I emailed u some pics of the one in my backyard. Did they help any.? If u need measurments let me know.

They sold for $500.00..... I have $53.00 in mine bearing and shaft.

See ya

CCBA

Hey there Calhoun, Blacksmith Jim here, have'nt received Email as of yet, Sure appreciate the help. Here's my Email blacksmithjim00@yahoo.com Thanks Pard

Hey there Calhoun, Blacksmith Jim here, have'nt received Email as of yet, Sure appreciate the help. Here's my Email blacksmithjim00@yahoo.com Thanks Pard

I left of the two (00) will send now.

CCBA

Archived