SASS Wire Forum

My Favorite 1911 Image

Aunt Jen

I need to get around to taking pictures of all my 1911's...but here's a few.

1911 Officer's ACP

Same gun, different grips

SR1911

One of my favorite 1911 posters

Mark,

Give us a review of the Ruger

Sorry, Alpo! Like UB said - small pic and old eyes - thought they were wood grips. My mistake.

Marshal Rusty - Rock's rock!!I absolutely love mine, but didn't post pics cause the wood grips are engraved, not checkered, and its a micro 1911 instead of a 5" barrel. I'll be buying a 5" model sometime next year, and it will be a Rock Island (already have a set of Sambar Stag grips for it!).

FPH and UB... My thanks for the pics and links... Although it's not an Academy Award nominee, there's something about that movie that makes it mandatory for me to see it about once every 3 months or so... Call me esoteric or what have you... I also like Ford Fairlane... so sue me...

Vaya con Dios

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I don't know what is is about 'Cool' McQueen, but since I love motocross and after seeing him n 'On Any Sunday' he's kinda like a 'hero' to me...

Thanks..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

HERE IS ONE

Not a movie image of a 1911, but I like it, it's my desktop background. Couldn't remember where I saved it off from, so had to upload it to photobucket to share it with you all.

Grizz

Works for me...

Sorry, Alpo! Like UB said - small pic and old eyes - thought they were wood grips. My mistake.

Marshal Rusty - Rock's rock!!I absolutely love mine, but didn't post pics cause the wood grips are engraved, not checkered, and its a micro 1911 instead of a 5" barrel. I'll be buying a 5" model sometime next year, and it will be a Rock Island (already have a set of Sambar Stag grips for it!).

Bama I have the Officer model also and the 9mm! I like Rocks!

HERE IS ONE

Not a movie image of a 1911, but I like it, it's my desktop background. Couldn't remember where I saved it off from, so had to upload it to photobucket to share it with you all.

Grizz

Dang! I like that one, Grizz...a lot!

I like Doughboy Bob :FlagAm:

TF

Alas, the film was never released. :lol:

Gary Cooper got the part, right?

Actually the studio made several script changes and ended up with Laurel and Hardy. ;)

Magnum PI -

That has to be one of my favorite scenes from TV, ever.

I looked for a quick clip of Sam Elliott with his 1911 in "We Were Soldiers," but couldn't find one on a quick search. I'll have to keep looking.

That has to be one of my favorite scenes from TV, ever.

I looked for a quick clip of Sam Elliott with his 1911 in "We Were Soldiers," but couldn't find one on a quick search. I'll have to keep looking.

Gentlemen Prepare to defend yourselves

:lol:

Mine have been in movies. I had one with me when I saw Cowboys and Aliens recently. :) :)

:lol:

I'm jelous.

I think it's great that Bob still has enough kid left in him that he still builds a fort and goes out to play war with his imaginary friends :D;)

Works for me...

Sweet pic and I hope you dont mind pard .

But its now my desk top too !

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

I'm jelous.

I think it's great that Bob still has enough kid left in him that he still builds a fort and goes out to play war with his imaginary friends :D;)

They're imaginary?? Damn!

This changes everything.

But it also explains a lot. :unsure:;)

They're imaginary?? Damn!

This changes everything.

But it also explains a lot. :unsure:;)

Don't worry, UB....

Reinforcements are on the way!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_femhrxbNtS0/S944IXvqQaI/AAAAAAAAFlA/tS_Adp2f7Jg/s1600/M1911_2MAY10_02.jpg

LL

Don't worry, UB....

Reinforcements are on the way!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_femhrxbNtS0/S944IXvqQaI/AAAAAAAAFlA/tS_Adp2f7Jg/s1600/M1911_2MAY10_02.jpg

LL

Coolest combat uniform ever. :)

Archived