SASS Wire Forum

My Favorite 1911 Image

Aunt Jen

Memorable Movie Images:

I didn't mean to think about it, but I watched another Jesse Stone movie (Tom Selleck), and it dawned on me, that my favorite 1911 image is him with his. The reason is obvious.

But, I must also say that I tend to remember Karen Allen with hers in Starman, firing hers a couple of times to make the men stop beating up Jeff Bridges.

Hey, Jen... Do you remember in a couple of the early Magnum episodes TS would have some bad guy at gunpoint - he with his 1911 - and the bad guy wouldn't cooperate... so Magnum would change his aim a few inches and put a bullet in the wall, tree, or whatever, right next to the dude's haid...?

Bad guy would fall all over himself to be cooperative! :rolleyes:

DANG but that would be loud... and eye stinging, too! :blink:

I've seen some real classy looking 1911's, including the tricked-out and spiffed-up "barbecue guns." Nevertheless, one of my favorite pics of the 1911 is this one:

Classic 1911

Just a plain ol' classic-looking work horse. ;)

RATS!!! Can't single out the right image. :angry: Hmmph...getting late. I'll try later. G'night, pards.

Good choice Jack, he was taking on a German Panzer tank with that 1911. Great scene. Didn't he get a surprise? Seems like when he fired at the tank, a plane strafed the tank and Hanks turned and looked at the pistol, with a "did you do that" look.:FlagAm:

That's it Alpo, excellent scene, he was going down fighting!:FlagAm: Gotta love it when Hollywierd gets one right!

You asked...........

So, to tell you what I like in a 1911 image, I must tell you what I simply can't abide.

No stainless. nickel or chrome finishes. Oh, yes, they certainly have their uses - BBQ guns couldn't exist without the shiny finishes; they're good for protecting a gun that is in contact with sweaty skin; it is easier to find a shiny gun at night.....hmmmmmmm.........that may or may not be an advantage <_<:rolleyes: .

No adjustable sights - self explanatory, really. Checkered wood grips only (well, maybe some real stag or ivory grips, but no plastic :wacko: ). In .45 ACP only - no nines, tens or .40's. A .38 super long slide might be acceptable under some circumstances. Double stack mags are OK, simply because of today's "social" climate - the more rounds available the merrier!

I guess what I'm saying is I want to see a standard, mil-spec 1911 or 1911-A1. Just another dyed-in-the-wool traditionalist, I guess....

I need to get around to taking pictures of all my 1911's...but here's a few.

1911 Officer's ACP

Same gun, different grips

SR1911

One of my favorite 1911 posters

We are straying from the original 1911-in-a-Movie subject.

But here's one. :lol:

I don't have an image, but Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing" with a 1911 in each fist... it don't get much cooler than that...

Vaya con Dios

This has to be a winner - especially for our sport ;)

http://benjaminwhitmer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/600px-Wildb-starb8.jpg

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You asked...........

So, to tell you what I like in a 1911 image, I must tell you what I simply can't abide.

No stainless. nickel or chrome finishes. Oh, yes, they certainly have their uses - BBQ guns couldn't exist without the shiny finishes; they're good for protecting a gun that is in contact with sweaty skin; it is easier to find a shiny gun at night.....hmmmmmmm.........that may or may not be an advantage <_<:rolleyes: .

No adjustable sights - self explanatory, really. Checkered wood grips only (well, maybe some real stag or ivory grips, but no plastic :wacko: ). In .45 ACP only - no nines, tens or .40's. A .38 super long slide might be acceptable under some circumstances. Double stack mags are OK, simply because of today's "social" climate - the more rounds available the merrier!

I guess what I'm saying is I want to see a standard, mil-spec 1911 or 1911-A1. Just another dyed-in-the-wool traditionalist, I guess....

You're aware, are you not, that the gun you posted a picture of has plastic grips? ^_^

We are straying from the original 1911-in-a-Movie subject.

But here's one. :lol:

Mine have been in movies. I had one with me when I saw Cowboys and Aliens recently. :) :)

I don't have an image, but Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing" with a 1911 in each fist... it don't get much cooler than that...

Vaya con Dios

Flint, it's one of my favorite's -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6AQ52yqfA&feature=related

Vaya con Dios

Hyar's Bruce :lol:

Gotta call foul on that one, UB. It ain't a 1911. It's a Ruger P90. :angry:

So it is. Ole eyes and small pic make bob a dull boy.

Archived