SASS Wire Forum

To Ruthless

Manatee

Hearing about Ruthless really bummed me out. It isn't all that rare that you meet a nice person in SASS. But, it is rare that you can find that same nice person every time...from 5 in the morning til 2 after midnight.

Ruthless was a friend. I'm sure she had a lot closer friends. And I'm sure she had many more friends. I'm not jealous. And DJ? he wasn't jealous either. I think he really understood that vein that ran through the tree trunk of Ruthless.

I remember the first time I shot with her. I was slightly embarassed to shoot in my costume. Here was a girl who gave it all for her sport. Great hat, good clothes from the period and shooting black powder. And she whipped a bunch of guys who were shooting smokeless. Mebbe, embarassed ain't the right word. But, I felt that Ruthless had figured out this sport....got to it's nature...and wrassled it to the ground.

The times I remember most with Kathy, was off the range. The kindness just sort of wafted over you. You felt better after you met her. You felt good just being in the same GPS coordinate. Yeah...hard to believe, but she was that sort of person.

I'm crying as I write this. My heart has a hole in it. Ruthless was a one in a billion sort of person. I miss her.

DJ? I just want you to know that I love ya man. I loved her too.

You really can't say enough in this situation, but this kinda' sums it all up.

Ruthless, darlin', we're all goin' to miss you.

DJ, be strong man, and know you can call on us!

Hearing about Ruthless really bummed me out. It isn't all that rare that you meet a nice person in SASS. But, it is rare that you can find that same nice person every time...from 5 in the morning til 2 after midnight.

Ruthless was a friend. I'm sure she had a lot closer friends. And I'm sure she had many more friends. I'm not jealous. And DJ? he wasn't jealous either. I think he really understood that vein that ran through the tree trunk of Ruthless.

I remember the first time I shot with her. I was slightly embarassed to shoot in my costume. Here was a girl who gave it all for her sport. Great hat, good clothes from the period and shooting black powder. And she whipped a bunch of guys who were shooting smokeless. Mebbe, embarassed ain't the right word. But, I felt that Ruthless had figured out this sport....got to it's nature...and wrassled it to the ground.

The times I remember most with Kathy, was off the range. The kindness just sort of wafted over you. You felt better after you met her. You felt good just being in the same GPS coordinate. Yeah...hard to believe, but she was that sort of person.

I'm crying as I write this. My heart has a hole in it. Ruthless was a one in a billion sort of person. I miss her.

DJ? I just want you to know that I love ya man. I loved her too.

The thing I keep going back to in my head is how caring she was. Seemed like every day I was getting an email from her telling us about someone else that was dealing with an illness or needed help or prayers or something. Even when she was sick. I will miss her! Gonna be a rough day at Tusco tomorrow with the passing of Ruthless and Maywood... tough tough week..

Amen Pard!

Archived