SASS Wire Forum

I need to get some practice with six-guns badly

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Greetings. Pards:

Problem: The regulations state that NO personally-owned-weapons can be brought into Afghanistan.

I am wanting to get in some six-shooter GF practice in the worst way, but I can't have my .44 Ruger twins here. :angry: Hell, I can't even get my .22 Single Sixes over here. :o

I would even go for some dry-fire practice. And a Beretta M9 bottom feeder just ain't gonna be realistic enough.

So I don't know what I could use. Got any idees?

Mustang Gregg of Kandahar

(with loads of guns & ammo here, but no SASS guns)

Yep I got an idea. How about some of them non-firing replica guns and rig em up with the inertial laser system that fits in the barrel and lights the laser up when ya drop the hammer, showing ya yer "hit" on target ya put on the wall. It'd be pricey, but if yer gonna be spending some time in the sandbox, it'd be time in the barracks (tent?) ya could while away trying not to let yer perishable skills shrivel up.

Thanky, AJ.

I been pondering on something like that too. No problem with fake guns, as far as I can find.

Right now our "lodging" is a Sea Land container with a bunk.

MG

[who don't like rank points cyphering much, neither]

Howdy,

Airsoft SAA revolver replicas

KK

Hell your in the country that can make a gun out of a piece of wire and tin, find out if there is a safe part of the market maybe you can find a couple first gen colts laying around, left over from colony days.

When I was in Vietnam, we weren't supposed to have personal weapons either. I ordered a cap and ball percussion pistol, a bullet mold and some percussion caps and shot that for a while. Don't tell anyone but I smuggled in the black powder (maybe the percussion caps too but I don't remember.)

The rules have changed now though but you might be able to get black powder and caps on the open market there. I know that in war zones, one can get all kinds of things if you look for them!

Percussion guns may not be legal for you either, but maybe it's worth a look.

Greetings. Pards:

Problem: The regulations state that NO personally-owned-weapons can be brought into Afghanistan.

I am wanting to get in some six-shooter GF practice in the worst way, but I can't have my .44 Ruger twins here. :angry: Hell, I can't even get my .22 Single Sixes over here. :o

I would even go for some dry-fire practice. And a Beretta M9 bottom feeder just ain't gonna be realistic enough.

So I don't know what I could use. Got any idees?

Mustang Gregg of Kandahar

(with loads of guns & ammo here, but no SASS guns)

How about a pair of non-firing single action revolvers? I have one that is about the same feel as my Ruger Vaqueros but it is strictly a non-firing replica, won't even shoot blanks. That might be an option. Thanks for your service pard.

Gregg: Don't worry about pratice I'll just do a little more for you. Will miss you at T-Town. Do have a pard shooting with me now. Short Stack, my 10 yr. grandson (Amy's boy) he is a hoot. Best end as I have said in the pass, BE SAFE, talk to you latter. Bulldog Brown

We will be getting some M9, AUG & AK trigger-time tomorrow.

Reckon that'll have to do. :unsure:

MG

Archived