SASS Wire Forum

2- 12 ga 97's-Selling 1/2 of my Palo Verde collection

SouthwestShooter

Selling 1/2 of my prized Palo Verde collection.

Gun number 1-the pick of the litter:

Winchester 97 cut barrel and ribbed.....that's right ribbed with a big bead. Purchased from Palo Verde at Bordertown in 2009.

This gun is SASS legal (I have TG opinion in writting).

Not only is this gun unique and beautiful looking, it's a great shooter. Actually Sassy Dancer (my Minister of Finance) used this gun to win first place in her category at last years (2010) Bordertown. So it both looks good and shoots as good as it looks.

I tried to post pix from the photobucket, but can't get the link to work, soooooooo pix available on request from Raceshots@aol.com. Please put Win 97 in the subject.

$875 with shipping and insurance to your FFL dealer.

I perfer not to ship to California, although I know it's allowed (please save the e-mails telling me the process). Sending it there via another process than thru my FFL dealer costs about $50.00 more thru Fed. Ex.

Gun number 2- looks great, furniture is excellent as is the bluing. The color is so good I'm not sure it was not re-blued.

Purchased 2 years ago and rebuilt with an action job by Palo Verde. Since it was gun number 4 with his work (not to mention the Norinco's before I meet him-don't ask), it was never used in any matches. There is some pitting in a part of the barrel. Barrel has been cut to 22 inches.

$675.00 with shipping and insurance to your FFL, same as above.

Let me know vis Raceshots@aol.com with any quesations.

Please put Win 97 in subject tline.

Thanks all for reading

Archived