SASS Wire Forum

Derringer

Flat Water Bob

There's Bond, then there's everything else. The only brand I've seen comparable to Bond is American Derringer Corp. The Cimarron Titan is made by Cobra, unless they've changed, it's not up to the standards of a Bond.

You get what you pay for.

There's Bond, then there's everything else. The only brand I've seen comparable to Bond is American Derringer Corp. The Cimarron Titan is made by Cobra, unless they've changed, it's not up to the standards of a Bond.

"unless they've changed". The Titan is nothing like the Cobra .38 or .22 derringers. Those are cast metal. The Titan is stainless and very similar to the Bond. It also costs considerable more than the smaller guns. "You get what you pay for." That is correct.

Had an American and had all kinds of trouble. Some brass did not extract well, trigger was oppressive, etc. Sold it and got the big Bond and have had notion but joy with it. WW

I do not think they still market them but Uberti had the best looking copy of a cowboy Derringer at one time. The one by Uberti was the only one that had the right size and look, the finish was blue and color case. OH, you want a Derringer for a primary self defense carry gun, cant help you there. I really like the new long barl derringers on steroids, ya can pistol whup them suckers thets left over after yore second shot. Wonder if Bond has ever considered a bayonet lug or Picatinny rail yet??? Paladin would have needed a much larger belt if he had opted for a Bond. :rolleyes: Just kidding and dawnt ask me about thet huge bulge in my pants pocket!!

Haven't seen the Cimmaron. I've got a Bond with 3 different barrels: 410/45, 357/38, & 44 special. Love the versatility. The one thing I don't like is the heavy trigger pull, but truthfully I haven't checked into having it lightened up yet.

My two cents,

Another 2 cents for the Bond. Sure, they don't look exactly like the old Remington derringer, like some other current market derringers do, but they are tough and reliable. Bottom line...do you want looks or function? If you want it to look like the old Remington, get the Cimmaron. If you want it to work well and stand up to hard use, get the Bond.

Another 2 cents for the Bond. Sure, they don't look exactly like the old Remington derringer, like some other current market derringers do, but they are tough and reliable. Bottom line...do you want looks or function? If you want it to look like the old Remington, get the Cimmaron. If you want it to work well and stand up to hard use, get the Bond.

Once again, statements are being made by folks who have not seen nor handled the Cobra Titan. It does not look like their smaller Remington style derringers. It looks very much like a Bond and is very similar size. I know the Bond is great and don't know whether the Titan has been on the market long enough or had enough users to say whether it is up to Bond standards. But to compare the Titan to Cobra's existing derringer line is apples and oranges.

Archived