SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football Top 10

u

We'll find out how tough Bama is next week, when they take on Florida in The Swamp. :blink::blink: I wouldn't put any money down on that game.

Feh...!!! You're beggin' for it now... Florida is adequate, but 'Bama is game on... I got a jug o' Redbreast says that it don't matter where the game is played... Alabama leaves with the "W"...

ROLL TIDE...!!!

Vaya con Dios

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u

Feh...!!! You're beggin' for it now... Florida is adequate, but 'Bama is game on... I got a jug o' Redbreast says that it don't matter where the game is played... Alabama leaves with the "W"...

ROLL TIDE...!!!

Vaya con Dios

Whupped starts with a W, doesn't it? :blink:

AP

1. LSU - 42

2. OU - 12

3. Alabama - 5

USA

1. OU - 32

2. LSU - 20

3. Alabama - 7

The ESPN poll is not out as yet.

Three victories against ranked teams, on the road - impressive. Congrats LSU

GO SOONERS

Tull

u

Vaya con Dios

Just wait til that big ol' gator is hanging off of your backside, getting a taste of ham.

Since the LSU tigers look to take the University of Kentucky Saturday, I am going to step off the curb and take Arkansas over TCU.

Nebraska over Wisconsin and USC Trojans ain't gonna let another Arizona team in to the hen house.

Three outta four.

Since the LSU tigers look to take the University of Kentucky Saturday, I am going to step off the curb and take Arkansas over TCU.

Nebraska over Wisconsin and USC Trojans ain't gonna let another Arizona team in to the hen house.

It will be interesting to see which quarterback LSU decides to start, now that the suspension has been lifted on the supposed starting QB.

#13 Clemson at #11 Virginia Tech, and #14 TX Aggies at #18 Arkansas could both be interesting.

As could Clarion Univ. at Slippery Rock.

Friends from north of the Red River say the Sooner Nation is upset about losing its #1 ranking, but not surprised after the lackluster performance last weekend. Look for them to make a 'statement' against Ball State tomorrow, and against the Longwhorns the following weekend.

Boomer Sooner ! ! ! !

Professor Tull

OU's lackluster schedule with the exception of FSU hurt them IMHO. Badger, you didn't make any predictions on Slippery Rock!!!!!!

I beg your indulgence. I got so distracted by the other games, I overlooked my prediction.

The Slippery will ROCK come tomorrow. :lol:

Wacky day of football so far. Lots of Top 25 teams getting knocked off. Wild comeback by Arkansas. The Gamecocks got ripped off at a chance to kick a field goal. LSU is still showing their power. Two big games coming up. :)

First of all, the important score -

Slippery Rock 27 - Clarion 13

Now the rankings - with the Tide jumping ahead of OU - according to AP

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. OU

4. Wisconsin

5. Boise State

USA [Coaches Poll]

1. OU

2. LSU

3. Alabama

4. Stanford

5. Wisconsin

Next for OU, the festivities south of the Red River in Dallas this coming weekend.

Go SOONERS ! ! !

Tull

I don't see how anybody who saw the last two OK games and the last two Bama games could rank OK ahead of Bama. Bama absolutely destroyed Florida. One of the most physically dominating games I have ever seen.

Yessir, you nailed it. I'll hold my judgement of OU until after the Texas game, but Alabama looked mighty powerful. OU is always a slow starting team and gathers speed as the season progresses. Time will tell. The Bama-LSU game should be a dandy.

Yessir, you nailed it. I'll hold my judgement of OU until after the Texas game, but Alabama looked mighty powerful. OU is always a slow starting team and gathers speed as the season progresses. Time will tell. The Bama-LSU game should be a dandy.

That could very well be the key to the crystal football.

That could very well be the key to the crystal football.

What you said. LSU - Bama game will be a good one....just hope the LSU alum manage to scrape up enough bail money the Friday before the game to field an 11 man team.

What you said. LSU - Bama game will be a good one....just hope the LSU alum manage to scrape up enough bail money the Friday before the game to field an 11 man team.

Thems called ROLL MODELS. :wacko:

Well, how does it look for the the Jawja/Tennessee game?

I stepping off the curb again, and picking Tennessee.

Alabama and South Carolina should not have much trouble,

but LSU might have their hands full. I still pick LSU.

Its hard for me to call the GA/TN game, neither team is all that strong by SEC standards. Of course as a Bama fan I'm none to fond of TN. I got my teaching certificate from GA, and I met Coach Richt last year and had a pleasant conversation with him, so I hope GA wins.

FL is missing their starting QB, courtesy of Bama, plus I expect they are generally banged up and sore so I would expect LSU to handle them without too much trouble.

I see you are warming up for the game in Dallas. :lol: Let the trash talk begin.

You should read the e-mails that are going back and forth between friends on both sides of the Red River these last few days - some great stuff - none meant for family consumption. Should be a great game.

Also have the aforementioned Florida @ LSU, and Auburn @ Arkansas, and Slippery Rock @ Edinboro.

Another to watch TX Aggies @ TX Tech - Tech being another Big 12 school not too happy with the Aggies.

Big 12 has entered into negotiations with TCU, who is wanting to leave Mountain West. Hopefully Boise State and SMU may be next, though Missouri is still talking about leaving the Big 12.

Professor Tull

Big 12 has entered into negotiations with TCU, who is wanting to leave Mountain West. Hopefully Boise State and SMU may be next, though Missouri is still talking about leaving the Big 12.

Professor Tull

Lots of changes ongoing. I hope the Big 12 comes out smelling like a rose.

Well, Oregon's defeat of California was pretty definite. Judging by the score, it looked more like a steamroller meeting a roadway. Stanford is still the top dog in the Pac 12. I doubt that Colorado will be much of an obstacle to them. Not sure that Washington deserves their esteemed position in the standings, but we shall see. As we have seen, Oregon is for real. Arizona State looks like it might be

an also ran along with Washington. But I would prefer to wait another week to see how things shake out. Pac 12 looks different than the old Pac 10 did.

Archived