SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football Top 10

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badger,

There are no words to describe how I feel right now... :angry:

Know how you feel, but I didn't think ND would live up to the preseason hype.

2 in a row, and they want to be #16? Not in this league.

But they do look better than last year. Maybe this is the swing year.

Michigan is a giant also. They too, have fallen on hard times. Perhaps it is the best for

both teams to look at reality.

Since LSU put it on MSU last night - that leaves only a couple of games of major significance to the standings.

Slippery Rock at West Chester Univ.

Michigan State at Notre Dame

And at 7:00 [CST] on ABC - the Sooners at Florida State - it should be a good game

GO SOONERS

Tull

I'm sure glad LSU's offense finally showed up to play toward the end of the 3rd quarter. Also gotta hand it to MS defense, they played a pretty good game. Just glad the Bayou Bengals got out of town with a W. The SEC west is gonna be tough this year.

As always...GEAUX TIGERS!!

Roll Tide! I sure am worried about us having to play North Texas today! :lol: :lol:

Oh, Alabama's playing North Texas? I thought they had the St Jude's School for Wayward Girls this week. :lol: :lol: Maybe that's next week. Or is that School for the Blind on the schedule for next week? :lol: :lol:

You know how the Tide is. Got to pad your wins like that before going into the Iron Bowl. Makes the boosters feel good and fools the Yankees that run the national polls into thinking that Alabama actually knows how to play some football. :lol: :lol: :lol:

War Eagle! :wub:

Oh, Alabama's playing North Texas? I thought they had the St Jude's School for Wayward Girls this week. :lol: :lol: Maybe that's next week. Or is that School for the Blind on the schedule for next week? :lol: :lol:

You know how the Tide is. Got to pad your wins like that before going into the Iron Bowl. Makes the boosters feel good and fools the Yankees that run the national polls into thinking that Alabama actually knows how to play some football. :lol: :lol: :lol:

War Eagle! :wub:

Clemson 38 Auburn 24 -_-

About one week late with this but my son (a GA Tech grad) told me this joke....

Knock knock

Who's there?

Owen

Owen who?

Owen two....HOW 'BOUT THEM DOGS!! :)

Looking at the polls this morning I have some problems.

I can see Oklahoma in #1, for now.

BUT Alabama #2? They haven't played anybody yet!

And how about some respect for little ole South Carolina?

They have whooped some pretty good size pups.

Wait another week to see how it shakes out.

Slippery Rock was not in the top 25. :unsure:

Looking at the polls this morning I have some problems.

I can see Oklahoma in #1, for now.

BUT Alabama #2? They haven't played anybody yet!....

<_< Penn State, JoePa, ranked 22 at the time IIRC?

540 yards total offense allowed over three games, 180 per game.

18 points allowed, 116 points scored.

All while Saban is playing second and third stringers off and on throughout.

Since the weekly 'rankings' have been published, starting many moons ago - be they AP, UPI, USA, ESPN, whatever -

This week will make the 101st time OU has been rated number #1

GO SOONERS

Professor Tull

Since the weekly 'rankings' have been published, starting many moons ago - be they AP, UPI, USA, ESPN, whatever -

This week will make the 101st time OU has been rated number #1

GO SOONERS

Professor Tull

Hats off to Florida State. They played a very tough game. They are going to win a lot of ball games this year.

<_< Penn State, JoePa, ranked 22 at the time IIRC?

540 yards total offense allowed over three games, 180 per game.

18 points allowed, 116 points scored.

All while Saban is playing second and third stringers off and on throughout.

Well, you DO have a point. :lol:

I have no doubt that "Bama will be in the top ten by season's end, but I do not

think that it will be above #3. You can take that to the bank. Just bet 180 degrees

the other way and you are golden.

LSU looks right smart now, but again it is a long season.I see where Texas has 3 wins and

Oklahoma has 2 wins. I wonder how long that will go on?

Since Slippery Rock and ND are not going to get to touch the crystal football, I guess I will

just go with the flow. :unsure:

An interesting upcoming weekend -

#2 LSU @ W. Virginia - this is the 3rd time this year LSU has had to play a ranked team in unfriendly territory - GEAUX Bayou Bengals

#14 Arkansas @ #3 Alabama - Might be a good game

#7 OK State @ #8 TX A&M - I hope OSU hands a spanking to the Aggies for jumping the Big 12 ship

#11 FSU @ Clemson

Missouri @ #1 OU - Missouri is 2-1, and were ranked at the start of the year.

Indiana Univ. of PA @ Slippery Rock

Could this be the big UPSET weekend? ? ? ? ?

Professor Tull

#2 LSU @ W. Virginia - this is the 3rd time this year LSU has had to play a ranked team in unfriendly territory - GEAUX Bayou Bengals

This could turn out to be a good game. I think LSU has the edge, but hey, what do I know.

I think 'Bama has win written all over this one. Could be a sleeper. See statement above.

#7 OK State @ #8 TX A&M - I hope OSU hands a spanking to the Aggies for jumping the Big 12 ship

That was kinda dumb in my book.

#11 FSU @ Clemson

Ho hum.

But not now.

Indiana Univ. of PA @ :wub: Slippery Rock

Could this be the big UPSET weekend? ? ? ? ? Dare we hope. Be still my heart.

Professor Tull

"THIS WAS KINDA DUMB IN MY BOOK"

BMC - you got that RIGHT !

When I hear SEC Conference, I think of teams from the South East [Arkansas notwithstanding] - not teams from Texas - and certainly not the Longhorns bitterest interstate rival. I feel the Aggies are making a huge mistake. They will be lost and eaten alive in the SEC. Their recruiting from Texas high schools will suffer severely. And the yearly tradition of the TX/TX A&M game could be in jeopardy.

On a more positive note, the new Big 12 fearless leader, has today announced a new 'equal split' tv revenue package that puts more money in the pockets of the remaining schools [which in actuality will be a LOSS of funds for OU, but the OU Board of Regents has approved it to help save the Big 12].

With the aggies making their exit in July, that leaves 3 vacancies to fill. High on the list are TCU, Boise State, SMU and Houston.

Just about any combination of 3 of those 4 would make an awesome addition to the Big 12 - especially SMU, TCU and BSU.

Go Sooners

That was kinda dumb in my book.

Nah, those are my sentiments as well. Hope the Cowboys spank 'em good!!!

On a more positive note, the new Big 12 fearless leader, has today announced a new 'equal split' tv revenue package that puts more money in the pockets of the remaining schools [which in actuality will be a LOSS of funds for OU, but the OU Board of Regents has approved it to help save the Big 12].

With the aggies making their exit in July, that leaves 3 vacancies to fill. High on the list are TCU, Boise State, SMU and Houston.

Just about any combination of 3 of those 4 would make an awesome addition to the Big 12 - especially SMU, TCU and BSU.

Go Sooners

Good for OU -- I hope their efforts pay off. I'd love to see Boise State and TCU in the Big 12.

Looks like the week for the Big Ten boys to beat up on the little guys. Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State.

Colorado is having a tough year. Maybe that jump to the Pac 10/12 was not such a great idea.

Nebraska seems to be doing much better than their former Big 12 associate.

#11 FSU @ Clemson

Indiana Univ. of PA @ Slippery Rock

Could this be the big UPSET weekend? ? ? ? ?

Professor Tull

Well, you got your wish on this one, sorta. A win is a win is a win.

I can see the BCS game for all the marbles now: OU vs LSU!

Kinda going out on that limb, ain't cha Sam.

Now you are going to have all them 'Bama and Auburn fans on yer tail.

At least the USC (Trojan) boys won't be nipping at your heels.

SLIPPERY ROCK WINS AGAIN

20 TO 6 over Indiana of Pennsylvania

I tell you the ROCK is on a roll.

Wild day of college ball, and all of Squeaky's teams won -- OU, OSU, and LSU. OU has been in two bloody brawls in a row. I'm glad they have an easy game before they head to Dallas.

Oklahoma should still be ranked #1 - but the Bayou Bengals have certainly made a case for themselves for the #1 ranking.

Just out of curiosity Okie, if it ended up OU vs. LSU in the BCS championship game, who would Squeaky be rooting for?

Tull

I guess I'll have to respectfully disagree with the Oklahoma fans. I watched the game and they definitely struggled against Missouri, who aren't even ranked by the way. The Sooners looked pretty good on offense, but defensively they have some issues. They did show some toughness coming back from being down 14 to 3. Think about it this way, Oklahoma allowed Missouri to score almost as many points in that game as Bama has allowed all season.

LSU on the other hand has a crushing shut down defense.

Bama, always the red-headed stepchild, shut down the top ranked offense in the SEC and beat the #12 team in the nation easily. Our number one running back gained more yards than the entire Arkansas team. Their quarterback got the snot knocked out of him, I was surprised he was able to stay in the game as long as he did considering the hits he was taking. Through four games Bama has allowed 30 points, scored 154 and held their opponents to under 200 yards per game. Not only that, they are hitting as hard as I've seen in a long time. By the third quarter you could see that a lot of Arkansas players did not want anymore of what they were getting. I believe we deserve to be in the conversation for the national championship. A better ranking would be either LSU or Bama at number one and Oklahoma at third, if not fourth or fifth.

LSU's defense forced some critical turnovers, and was pretty solid against the rush against WV. BUT!! they gave up over 450 yds. in the passing game, and they had real trouble getting pressure on the passer. It was a great game and they, (LSU) looked impressive on offense for the most part.

The Tide was able to force their will on Arkansas' defense, but the Hogs held in there until the fourth quarter when the 'Bama defense finally wore them out. This was also a great game.

Okie State got out by the skin of their teeth. A very entertaining game, and the Aggies are once again the victims of bum luck.

I only got glimpses of the OU/Mizz game. It looked to me like they took turns by quarter dominating each other and neither had the overpowering offense displayed by AL. and LSU. Either that, or they don't have the defense to deal with a true powerhouse offense.

Some portions of the SEC seem to be really strong and that is likely why so many teams in the conference are ranked. It is also why so many SEC teams are invited to post season games. You get better by playing better competition, and the best overall competition is in the SEC.

Oklahoma should still be ranked #1 - but the Bayou Bengals have certainly made a case for themselves for the #1 ranking.

Just out of curiosity Okie, if it ended up OU vs. LSU in the BCS championship game, who would Squeaky be rooting for?

Tull

He'd be rooting for OU, but putting his money on LSU at this stage of the season. OU's defense needs to tighten up, and they desperately need a Spenser Warre. They don't seem to be able to get those critical 2-3 yards when they need it on the goal line.

Keep in mind though, FSU and Missouri are VERY good teams despite their rankings. They are big and tough. Missouri's only loss was by a touchdown to Arizona State, who just crushed USC. Florida State lost to a tough Clemson team, but had their back-up quarterback in the game, since OU put their starting quarterback out of commissiom.

It's going to be an interesting season.

Kinda going out on that limb, ain't cha Sam.

Now you are going to have all them 'Bama and Auburn fans on yer tail.

At least the USC (Trojan) boys won't be nipping at your heels.

SLIPPERY ROCK WINS AGAIN

20 TO 6 over Indiana of Pennsylvania

I tell you the ROCK is on a roll.

Seems like I'm always out on a limb Badger! :blink::o:lol:

Well, Okie fans, look like the gauntlet has been thrown.

'Bama #1. What a concept.

We'll find out how tough Bama is next week, when they take on Florida in The Swamp. :blink::blink: I wouldn't put any money down on that game.

Archived