SASS Wire Forum

BAD WEATHER

shenny

Well, a week ago we had an earthquake. Yeah, I know it was small compared to the one that's gonna dislocate California from the Mainland, BUT, it was the first that I had ever felt to know what it was. Then Saturday, Ms. Irene came to visit and we are still getting over that. I guess we will either get a Sixgun Shorty snow storm next week or a volcano will erupt. I don't know of any volcanos here in Virginia but. Well maybe a tidal wave, I cann't spell psonmey.

shenny

The Old Dominion gets its share of hurricanes! Not like the Tarheels, who have their chins stuck out in the Atlantic at Cape Hatteras.

I remember Camille, that came up from the Gulf and entered Virginia through the back door in 1969, dumping 10 to 20 inches of rain in the mountains and piedmont. Flooding in Richmond was ten to fifteen feet deep! Twenty inches! That is as much as we get at our place here in Colorado in three years, if we are lucky!

In '96 when we were living on a sailboat in Seaford (York County) Bertha and Fran came through. It was "memorable." I don't remember the names, but growing up in Hampton there were countless others.

Buena suerte, and keep safe

eGG

(the best insurance policy is several good heavy anchors, good chain, and plenty of scope!)

Archived