SASS Wire Forum

Goodbye Ruthless

Samuel "Doc" Eells

I remember meeting her many years back. McDraw's Woman. I saw the name on a sign-in sheet before I met her. McDraw's Woman. That brought to mind pictures of a very large person with an attitude. I was a little surprised to see this whisp of a girl when we finally did meet. A big smile. A pleasant attitude. Dressed out in classic cowgirl attire before there was a classic cowgirl category. And she shot black powder.

Then I got to thinking....what does this McDraw guy look like? I didn't meet him at that shoot, but I got to know him later. Yup, he fit the bill for a man who had a woman named McDraw's Woman! Har! A great guy with a very firm handshake.

McDraw's Woman changed her name to Ruthless McDraw a few years later. Ruthless. Yeh. She's was the antithesis of ruthless.

I can't really say much more. Not because there is not more to say. Because it hurts too much to say it.

God be with both of you.

We don't have the words to express our feelings.

But, be assured Ruthless is at peace.

May GOD wrap his loving arms around DJ and Ruthless.

Dj, be strong and lean on your family and friends; Your "Cowboy" family will always be there.

And you know you can depend on "Doc".

Peace be with you.

Love,

Boone and Cookie

I can't remember where I met Ruthless and DJ. I am just happy I did.. My first thought when I saw her was WOW -she a Classic Cowgirl... Then later on in the match she shot black powder and then I was really impressed. DJ dressed the same as Ruthless, WELL maybe a little different !!!!! I was still drawn toward there classic outfits.... During that event I noticed Ruthless doing some odd and unusual tan ticks to the guys and really acting off the wall as I do sometimes... I walked up to her and said she was CRAZY !!! Well the name stuck like glue and from that moment on she was Crazy to me...Well Crazy, while your waiting on the rest of us to show up,,,, please keep all the Cowboys and girls laughing. We love you and will miss the Crazy Classic Cowgirl that shoots that nasty Black Powder........See ya later Crazy, Love T-Bone

I've had the extreme pleasure of shooting with DJ and Ruthless the entire time that I have been shooting cowboy. FINE folk!!! She was a fine example of the cowboy way and was great to be around. DJ you have a tough row to hoe, but with the help of the Comforter and all your cowboys friends you will get through this time. I wish I could do more, you know my heart in this matter.

Cheyenne -_-

Words can be so useless at times like these. Like CC, I've shot with them for most of my CAS experience, and her going is a great loss for those of us in this area. :blush:

DJ, Our sincerest and heart felt condolences and prayers for you and your family. She has no pain now and is in God's tender embrace.........Buck&Sue&Sandy

What a day. Had to work for a little while this morning, then worked on Ruthless Videos, then got some food together and took it to DJ. He went home for the first time in 2 weeks today. I am guessing that there was nothing worth eating in that fridge! He is hanging in there. Kind of an emotional roller coaster, but that should be expected. Ruthless' sister and DJ's daughter are staying with him tonight. I am glad that he is not alone.

Arrangements are made. There will be visitation Friday, Sept. 2nd from 4-8 at the Southwick-Good & Fortkamp Funeral Chapel, 3100 North High St. Columbus, Ohio 43202. Phone is 614-267-0362. Cowboy attire is suggested! The link to her obituary is: http://southwickfuneral.com/index.php?P=2&FILENUMBER=32011062-01

Hope I did that right. There will also be a memorial shoot and celebration of her celebration at the regular monthly match at OVV, Sept. 24th. We will have the regular match, then a memorial and celebration party. As this celebration may just go way into the night, campers are welcome or you may consider taking a room in Mt. Vernon. Hope to see a lot of ya'll there. This is the celebration that Ruthless wanted!

If there is any more, I will be sure to let everyone know.

Your Pard,

Doc

It's hard to find the words to express what I am thinking right now.

Found out the sad news via phone this morning as I was driving thru Iowa back home to Cleveland.

Been thinking about Ruthless & DJ most of the day.

About how she welcomed me into this game a few years ago and about how she and DJ always made me feel like I was shooting with family when I was at OVV.

I know I'll never meet another person like her.

Those of you who knew Ruthless know what I'm talkin' about.

Those of you who didn't know her, but have been following the "cancer" thread all these weeks, have learned that Ruthless was so very special.

Loved you very much Ruthless.

DJ -- be strong & take advantage of those of us who love you like a brother or best friend.

Draw strength from us as you endure this terrible loss.

Ruthless' spirit is with you now & always.

She touched us all & made our lives better.

We'll all miss her.

--Dawg

I remember meeting her many years back. McDraw's Woman. I saw the name on a sign-in sheet before I met her. McDraw's Woman. That brought to mind pictures of a very large person with an attitude. I was a little surprised to see this whisp of a girl when we finally did meet. A big smile. A pleasant attitude. Dressed out in classic cowgirl attire before there was a classic cowgirl category. And she shot black powder.

Then I got to thinking....what does this McDraw guy look like? I didn't meet him at that shoot, but I got to know him later. Yup, he fit the bill for a man who had a woman named McDraw's Woman! Har! A great guy with a very firm handshake.

McDraw's Woman changed her name to Ruthless McDraw a few years later. Ruthless. Yeh. She's was the antithesis of ruthless.

I can't really say much more. Not because there is not more to say. Because it hurts too much to say it.

God be with both of you.

Well Said Well Said Manatee! Miss you my friend.

Sitting in Camp Shelby, MS as I write this. First time on in days, and the first thread I spotted. My heart sank, because it penetrated immediately. I was never fortunate enough to meet Ruthless, but I have met many who set store by her, and I can only believe she was as remarkable as she sounds. My deepest condolences to DJ, and to you, Doc, for being there. My heart, thoughts go out to the two of you and to everyone who is pained by her passing, and I will keep you all in my meditations.

Although it is highly unlikely, if there is a way for me to make it to the shoot on the 24th, I will be. Otherwise, I will be there in spirit.

Hard to find words that havent been said here so far.....but I will add. Ruthless is the perfect examble of the "cowboy way" Never did a cowpoke welcome you more and make you feel you were with freinds. I am fortunate to get to know her the last couple of years. DJ my heart to you and and all your carrying right now...but take comfort how many you have with you ....my prayers out to you and all that will miss her...

So sorry to hear of the passing of Ruthless, Our prayers go out to DJ and family for comfort and to know that she is at peace now with the Lord. God Bless.

The Huntsberger posse.Mad River Merv,Shayna Sureshot, Leadsliner lee.

Really SADDENED by the news!!

Hope all is good with her family and friends!

She's always in our prayers and thoughts every day!!

Yer a good man Doc.

furball

Well I finally able to muster up the courage to say something here it won't be much cause I can't stand to cry. I think every one knows how I felt about Ruthless and I can't really even explain why, she was just that kind. I remember exactly when I met her in Sparta and she called us BOSE and MELLA hell if it didn't stick cause every time We saw each other after that it would be that huge smile a quirky little laugh as she called out BOSEnMELLA.

Darlin you will be missed, may we all fight the fight with the courage you showed until the end.

Lord You Got A Goodin Now.

DJ my friend all I can say is I am so Sorry Brother.

MOSE

Archived