SASS Wire Forum

TDSC/OTBG

Swifty Morgan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ice cream?? my little kids used ta eat it fer breakfast :lol: I would come downstsairs and find the half gallon carton under the dining room table---EMPTY WITH TWO SPOONS on the floor next to it!! :lol: they woul;d tell me someone broke into the house and ate it :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

...just finished up a tremendous breakfast!!! Our little town has a monthly men's breakfast, this morning it consisted of cathead biscuits, sawmill gravy*, sausage, country ham, eggs, orange juice, hot coffee, fresh made jellys, and great fellowship (60 men/boys or so).

*sawmill gravy -

Use this:

1 pound bulk breakfast sausage

1/4 cup flour

2 cups milk

Salt and pepper to taste

Make it like this:

Cook sausage in a cast iron skillet. When done, remove sausage from pan and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Whisk flour into the fat and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and whisk in milk a little at a time. Return to medium-high heat and stir occasionally while the gravy comes to a simmer and thickens. (Be sure to scrape up any brown bits that might be stuck to the bottom of the pan, that's where the flavor is.) Crumble some of the cooked sausage. Check seasoning, add crumbled sausage and serve over toast or biscuits.

be sure to take yer Lipitor :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished up breakfast; thick sliced hickory bacon, pancakes with blueberries and walnuts, hot maple syrup, a hot cup of cafe mocha and the company of my lovely wife Ms. Mary Matilda and our daughter (in from DC last night) Ms. DC Wildflower.

Nice start for Christmas eve!!!!

I had cookies with coffee this morning since I've been baking all day

Santa comes tonight!

...did the movies this afternoon--Sherlock Holmes--not bad at all; then a soup and salad; then toured around a few neighborhoods in Tulsa looking at the lights.... nice evening!

I love doin that but haven;t for some years cuz I don't like it by myself. plenty more cookin to do anyhow. :)

I had the rest of the holiday ham with an egg & cheese, toast & Boysenberry preserves, and Boysenberry coffee. :D

no decaf either? that's what I drink. some brands in stores are real good--like Pete's, Seattle's Best, Starbucks; and Maxwell House is the best national brand decaf

Ms. Mary Matilda says I gotta start eating healty and what's good for me...

...so I gave up smokin' and now I gotta loose the weight I gained from that!!!!!

keep up the journey--there is a pay off! you gets ta see yer feet ...among other thangs :P

baking soda

they better yuse da right glue :huh:

they better yuse da right glue :huh:

...nope! no glue... ...'ere in the Saloon (ACS) corks are used.

dunt them corks find thar way to the other end?? :blink:

Archived