SASS Wire Forum

I think EVERYBODY is having money problems...

Okie,

You ain't a gonna tell that sheep story agin are ya? Honest I was just helpin it over the fence! :blink:

Oh great, spoil all of my fun!

UB, Cola is a - around here too!

Bodine, I been playin fer a few years and been to quite a few clubs and met a ton of folks! That said they is the bestest folks I done ever met! I have done other things where it's dog eat dog an I gots on milkbone underwear! But SASS is by far true to the cowboy way!

The wire is just that! A fun outlet...

Pretty much my experience as well, Tanner. The vast majority of folks I've met at several clubs have been salt of the earth.

Two things keep me from getting invloved in SASS: money/lack of, and the growing separation of factions develpoing. I have seen this happen in Civil War, Mountain Man, Colonila venues and frankly it is a major turn-off for me. The wife is getting ready to start competing in CMSA and I'm just gonna go wrangle for her now. Unless some major changes take place in employment and "us vs. them" attitudes, I'll just read along and ride trails.

Bodine

If you're looking for an excuse to stay away I suppose anything is good. There's never been an organization in the history of mankind that doesn't have "factions".

I came out of horse games to start shooting again. Cutting, roping, trail- you name it from team penning to tie down it didn't matter- I guess I just like wearing spurs. Horsey people are a different breed- just ask one. Last weekend my rifle jammed and a direct category competitor insisted that I use his. Good luck with that in any other sport.

As soon as you put $$$$ in it everything changes. I doubt that I'll ever compete in anything involving horses again. You don't know freedom until you don't have to feed anything. The nicest people bar none that I've met shooting (incl. trap, skeet, sporting, IPSC and IDPA) are all dressed like cowboys.

Honestly I wouldn't give a bucket of spit for some that I met riding horses.

Me either, but my post would just be deleted, trust me.

I understand - was going to retract my post......but, never mind...I hear ya.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If you're looking for an excuse to stay away I suppose anything is good. There's never been an organization in the history of mankind that doesn't have "factions".

I came out of horse games to start shooting again. Cutting, roping, trail- you name it from team penning to tie down it didn't matter- I guess I just like wearing spurs. Horsey people are a different breed- just ask one. Last weekend my rifle jammed and a direct category competitor insisted that I use his. Good luck with that in any other sport.

As soon as you put $$$$ in it everything changes. I doubt that I'll ever compete in anything involving horses again. You don't know freedom until you don't have to feed anything. The nicest people bar none that I've met shooting (incl. trap, skeet, sporting, IPSC and IDPA) are all dressed like cowboys.

Honestly I wouldn't give a bucket of spit for some that I met riding horses.

AMEN, Brother!

Archived