SASS Wire Forum

Drunk again

Blasted Cap

Makes me wonder what it actually takes to get them off the streets.

RAPID CITY, SD - A notorious drunken driver in South Dakota has been arrested again for allegedly driving under the

influence.

Marguerite Engle of Sturgis pleaded guilty in June 2010 to driving with a blood-alcohol level nearly nine times the legal limit - which state officials have said is likely a record for South Dakota.

Engle was arrested on July 28 in Rapid City and faces charges of third-offense DUI, grand theft and failure to report damage to property. She allegedly got into a truck parked in front of a store, crashed into a pole

and then walked away.

Her attorney said in court Thursday that an agreement has been reached in the case. Details weren't available.

.08 x 9 = .72

If she blew even close to .72 on a breathalyzer then she is a serious high tolerance drinker. Most people die of alcohol poisoning before they get near a .72

On edit, I did a quick search and her blood alcohol % was a .708 based on a blood test.

A blood alcohol content of 0.40 is a lethal dose for more than 50% of adults. No one in the state of Washington has blown over a 0.45 according to the highway patrol. This person is a severe alcoholic to build such a tolerance. She will eventually kill someone, if not herself.

I'll wager she is a Native American and Uncle Sam buys her booze.

Why say that sort of thing :angry:

and it looks like you're wrong!

http://www.theweekly...scover-how.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Inappropriate to say the least. C'mon man!! :rolleyes:

Why say that sort of thing :angry:

Not too PC, eh? :blink: But the sad part of it is that Native Americans have an alcohol abuse rate three to six times higher than the general population, depending on which study you want to believe. Anywhere from 10-50% of deaths are alcohol related, again depending on the study. Our med school in OK took care of a lot of Native Americans, and their health issues were staggering. Very sad indeed.

Not too PC, eh? :blink: But the sad part of it is that Native Americans have an alcohol abuse rate three to six times higher than the general population, depending on which study you want to believe. Anywhere from 10-50% of deaths are alcohol related, again depending on the study. Our med school in OK took care of a lot of Native Americans, and their health issues were staggering. Very sad indeed.

I agree, and not 'cause of any PC crap I still take exception for myself and many Native American friends to that kind of comment. The other 85 to 90% don't deserve that kind of generalization!

When I saw the headline, I thought it was my sister in law for a minute, that "woman" (used loosely) can drink anyone I know under the table, including some friends of mine that are SEALS

My X wife could drink like that!

But I do get to see first hand the effects of this type of tolerance.

I really don't think any of us are immune to this if we allow alkeehol to consume our lives.

I agree, and not 'cause of any PC crap I still take exception for myself and many Native American friends to that kind of comment. The other 85 to 90% don't deserve that kind of generalization!

Yup...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Dang! 99.9% of folks having a .55% are dead! .708% cannot even imagine that. At .3/.35 you will consider alcohol posioning and may send the individual to a hospital. At .4 you WILL send em to ER!

Another case of 'Seldom' trying to stir things up a bit here on the Saloon.

And, according to an anonymous friend on the Mead County Sheriffs Dept., she is NOT a Native American.

Black Adder

Whoa, just a minute there. If you'll notice, the poor dear is from South Dakota where it gets colder than a mother-in-law's kiss in the winter time. She probably just needed to stay warm and figured it was better than drinking anti-freeze. :wacko:

Shoot her. I lost my oldest daughter to a drunk driver when she was 23 months old and I have no tolerance for derelict POS's like this.

My version of a Three Strikes Law for Drunk Drivers:

1st offense DUI - $10,000 fine, forfeiture of vehicle, 2 years in jail, and loss of all driving privileges for five years from your release date. If anybody is hurt as a direct result of you wantonly driving under the influence, full restitution and see #2. If someone dies or becomes 100% disabled as a direct result of you wantonly driving under the influence, death penalty.

2nd offense DUI - $50,000 fine, forfeiture of all vehicles, 10 years in jail, and permanent loss of driving privileges. If someone dies or becomes 100% disabled as a direct result of you wantonly driving under the influence, death penalty.

3rd offense DUI - death penalty.

Ok. I find that comment very insluting........very poor taste indeed.

Most, but not all res. are a prison with out bars. A native can not do a thing with out a piece of paper signed by a hite man stating he/she can go or live off res and hold a white's job.

I know cuz it has happened to me. I hold an off res card, have a white man job and each year, along with my tax forms, I must renew my off res statis or I will be haul back to the res.

So to say that this drunk is a Native without checking the facts is very, very poor judgment !! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have never ever broke any laws, and I am a reitred Army 1st Sargent !! :FlagAm:

No offense Apache but XXX???

Are we not living in a free AMERICA???

Saddens me to think folks is told where they can live and what types a jobs they can hold! :angry:

Ok. I find that comment very insluting........very poor taste indeed.

Most, but not all res. are a prison with out bars. A native can not do a thing with out a piece of paper signed by a hite man stating he/she can go or live off res and hold a white's job.

I know cuz it has happened to me. I hold an off res card, have a white man job and each year, along with my tax forms, I must renew my off res statis or I will be haul back to the res.

So to say that this drunk is a Native without checking the facts is very, very poor judgment !! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have never ever broke any laws, and I am a reitred Army 1st Sargent !! :FlagAm:

Yeah, PC was probably a poor choice of words, but you know what I meant. We have to be careful when we paint with a broad brush.

one thing to talk on a computer and try to convey a message but in person your emotions truly show!

guaranty Okie would not be the one to take a swat at anyone just fer fun! He's a good un!!!

Yeah, PC was probably a poor choice of words, but you know what I meant. We have to be careful when we paint with a broad brush.

Sorry about the rant Okie, and the rant on you.

It's just when someone trys to run down Native Americans, it gets my dander up ! :angry: :angry:

Again, sorry about the rant on ya.

Can we bes friends again ? :unsure:

one thing to talk on a computer and try to convey a message but in person your emotions truly show!

guaranty Okie would not be the one to take a swat at anyone just fer fun! He's a good un!!!

Tanner Hyde, I told Okie I was sorry bout ranting on him.

It's just I get very upset when I heard/read talk like that and know it's not true.

No offense Apache but XXX???

Are we not living in a free AMERICA???

Saddens me to think folks is told where they can live and what types a jobs they can hold! :angry:

NO Tanner, we are not living in a free America !

Not the Red man........

The white man, yes, but not the red.

I am only a half breed, but I saw what my Father had to do just to feed his family twice a day.

And cuz I'm a halk breed, this BS falls on me.

My children, cuz they are 3/4 breed will fall on them as well.

This is a very sore subject for me !! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry about the rant Okie, and the rant on you.

It's just when someone trys to run down Native Americans, it gets my dander up ! :angry: :angry:

Again, sorry about the rant on ya.

Can we bes friends again ? :unsure:

I didn't consider it a rant, my friend. I knew where you were coming from. I have long been a Native American advocate. The treatment of Native Americans is a stain on our country's history IMHO.

I didn't consider it a rant, my friend. I knew where you were coming from. I have long been a Native American advocate. The treatment of Native Americans is a stain on our country's history IMHO.

Thank you Okie !

I think Okie gets a pass on this one considering it was only his response to a previous post by someone who doesn't have nearly as much class or concern.

SEE POST #8

It is better to be thought a fool than to open yur mouth and remove all doubt !!

I think Okie gets a pass on this one considering it was only his response to a previous post by someone who doesn't have nearly as much class or concern.

SEE POST #8

I agree...........FREE PASS(out) AWARD !! :lol: :lol:

Sorry Okie !

I sat on the jury for a DUI case. The expert for the DA insisted that at the blood alcohol level of the accused the average 170 pound man would belong passed out drunk, no exceptions. Since the accused was about 105 pounds and just turned 21 we figured that she didn't have the experience to handle alcohol, and since she was so much lighter than 170, and was obviously not passed out, there must have been something wrong with the test.

Now, that being in Chico, CA, and the incident occurring at the start of the semester with lots of "get acquainted" parties, we, the jury, figured she likely was guilty as sin. But because we could only go on the evidence presented, we had to say Not Guilty.

Archived