SASS Wire Forum

I shot FCGF today with my ROA's

Errol Plain, SASS #47739

Great minds....

I shot Classic Cowboy today with blackpowder .45 Colt loads in my ROA conversion cylinders. The teenagers on my posse were impressed and wanted to try my guns after the main match. I think I may have started some budding soot lords on their way to the dark side. Bless their black little hearts! :)

And it was a complete and total hoot! I highly recomend it to the like-wise minded (and slightly deranged)! Just had to share with y'all...

Where's my "like" button? That is just so cool!

I have a personal issue with this .......

..... how can you shoot "Frontier CARTRIDGE GunFighter" if you use Cap'n'Ball handguns ?

..... I contend that you actually shot "Frontier GunFighter" ^_^

........ (I regularly shoot this category within GunFighter with my '51 Navys .... -_- )

If it is called FCGF rather than the all inclusive BPGF, then when we get it passed we can immediately go to work on getting Frontiersman Gunfighter passed!! Nothing would look cooler than a pair of ivory handled '51 Navies belching smoke and fire from each hand.

Well, the rule book says something along the lines of any main match pistol is acceptable in the Frontier Cartridge categories, so I figured I was OK. Nope, no conversion cylinders, front stuffer all the way. And my rifle is "cartridge"! :rolleyes: I did like it better when the categories called for Black Powder rather than Frontier Cartidge... but that's just me.

If it is called FCGF rather than the all inclusive BPGF, then when we get it passed we can immediately go to work on getting Frontiersman Gunfighter passed!! Nothing would look cooler than a pair of ivory handled '51 Navies belching smoke and fire from each hand.

.... yeah, I know, .... but it looks to me like pickin' 2 fights at once ....

............... then again, ya probably hafta 'xplain it thrice every time ..... :blush:

Hey E P you goin' to the US OPEN at Sparta next weekend?

Me and the Reverend will be there raisin' Smoke, fire an' brimstone!

Nope, won't be there. One of my other major interests is the Eighth Air Force of WW II and I will be in Cleveland for the 100th BG reunion. You boys have fun and hope to see ya in Litchfield (what time do they start by the way?).

Nope, won't be there. One of my other major interests is the Eighth Air Force of WW II and I will be in Cleveland for the 100th BG reunion. You boys have fun and hope to see ya in Litchfield (what time do they start by the way?).

Well we'll miss shootin with you. Its always a pleasure to posse up. Take some pics while you're there, I've always had a kinship with those big old flyin pieces of metal.

Archived