SASS Wire Forum

Burning up old ammo inventory

Blastmaster

To the fire,

For grins and giggles, and a wild hair up my....... I decided this weekend to burn up some old ammo on the shelf that I must have reloaded pre SASS. :rolleyes: Plus some SASS ammo like,,,hmmmmm, that I no longer shoot, like...45Schofield, 44Russian, 44 special and other assortments. I shot all out of modern double action Smith & Wesson double action REVOLVER'S..... All went well, had a load of fun, till I got to those 44MAGs....Crap!!!! those hurt.... I wimperered like a baby...... after less than 100 Rds, I had gone past big blistter on palm of hand to skin missing on palm of hand from recoil :blush: , but like a trooper, I stuck it out to save the BRASS. ^_^ Any of you all done something similar? :blush: Lesson learned,,,, leave those damn calibers than end with MAGNUM;s alone,,,, to the younger generation.... :rolleyes: I will elect to shoot the perp in a self defense frame of mind with mutii..... and I mean mutiple rounds of something that starts with....none magnum caliber... :lol:

Carry on!!!

Blastmaster

I recall an old German proverb:

We grow too soon old and too late smart. :lol:

Today, I cycled through 3 boxes of ammo that I loaded in 1995.

Archived