SASS Wire Forum

Holy Socks, Batman!

Subdeacon Joe

Timing is everything.

Blazing with the fury of a mini-sun this amazing video shows the moment a suspected meteor streaked across the sky over the city of Cusco in Peru.

It was captured blasting through the upper levels of the atmosphere at 2pm yesterday afternoon, leaving an irredescent trail in its wake.

Astonished residents watched as the impressive natural phenomena eventually disappeared over the horizon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2030428/Meteorite-Peru-leaves-forest-fires-wake-Cusco.html#ixzz1W8zPAJaC

Mighty slow for a meteor. Most will go from horizon to horizon in a few seconds.

I was thinking the same thing. Real slow for a meteor. More like space junk?? Even the flaming tail seems to be different than the meteors that I have seen streak by. :ph34r:

Russian rocket failed yesterday.

Ruskies are out searchin' for it.

Maybe it's in Peru.

It's a theory.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I'm thinkin' someone's missing some hardware... :unsure:

Remember the Southern California "Missle Launch" that was 'splained as an airliner...? :rolleyes:

Mighty slow for a meteor. Most will go from horizon to horizon in a few seconds.

I've seen a few that slow but not during the day. One we were even able to see it tumble a bit. That was down in the Anaz-Borrego in 1980.

My wife found something like that in the clothes dryer when she washed my socks.

When you take a picture of it and are a little shakey it looks just like that. Not right sure

what it is though. I was walking in the swamp that day.

Oh hell..............I know what dat is........................

DAT'S MOTHER-IN-OUTLAW WHEN SHE'S PISSED OFF !!

Timing is everything.

Subs.. so I watched the whole thing, but I dont see a batman or his socks?

Archived