SASS Wire Forum

Update on Defend Old Fort Parker

Goody, SASS #26190

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually me buying tickets from Johnny had nothing to do with him being a big, tall, hunk.

I would buy them from him because he's a nice guy.

At EOT, he knew how scared I was to get up on stage during the costume contest.

I DO NOT like microphones. Johnny knew I was way out of my comfort zone.... and about to pass out.

He was very encouraging....cheered me on even when I was up on stage rambling, forgetting everything I had planned to say.

So... long arms are great for a stretch raffle but kind words are even better!

Dang, Miss Cubbie.

I was just starting to think it might be 'cause I'm so darn cute! :lol:

And it was making Goody envious! :P

Johnny

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are!! Your Wild Bunch rig is the BEST, too!! Gunstock bought me a new Colt Series 70 1911 for our first anniversary.... I've got one word for that...... saaaweeeet! (And Gunstock is, too :blush:)

Ok here is a pic from last year and you will see why 38 Kate is so popular!!! And not just with dirty old men. This pic has a blushing Rattlesnake in it. Lol

http://emob6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/coltfaro/90f81ef5.jpg

OH MY!! B)

Hey Big Iron, look forward to shooting and laughing it up with you, and heard your buddy Ranger Star and you are staying at range. You know Ranger Star will probably do real well, (ha ha) don't think he's shot all summer but hopefully he will do real good anyway and have fun doing it.

Hey Johnny Morris, bring all your pretty lady folks, I'm bringing my pretty lady (Beaux Hunk Cowgirl) BUT I promise you JM, you'll not sell me any raffle tickets........We're all gonna have a good time.

Made my reservations at the hotel and sent my registration in yesterday. I'm bringin' the Buckerette (Ellie Mae Maverick) and the Buckaroo (Curly Finn, who is now shootin' all 3 guns :) ) with me, and we're excited!

....and I hope that Rattlesnake will introduce me to his "friend".... :lol:

See ya'll there!!!

Chick

Chickahominy, I saw on another post that you shoot with a shoulder holster. Do you shoot CLASSIC COWBOY?

Ghost

Crosscut, I hate to break the news to you..............But,

Beaux Hunk Cowgirl is the only reason I talk to you at all.

I like her.

JM

Now boys!! you be nice

Started a Facebook Group for the Old Fort Parker Patriots and an Event for Defend Old Fort Parker.

Feel free to join and invite your friends.

Hope to see lots of you at Defend Old Fort Parker.

Doc

:FlagAm:

Goody,

Can we register at the shoot? I'll be there, have a room and am bringing my son, intend to register at the shoot if that's an option.

Thanks

BTT for a fine shoot.

Chickahominy, I saw on another post that you shoot with a shoulder holster. Do you shoot CLASSIC COWBOY?

Ghost

Ghost, I've been meaning to bend yer ear at a shoot, but haven't had the opportunity. I know we were both at Texas State (my daughter was the Buckerette Champion). I will make a point to see you at Fort Parker. I wanna know all the "secrets" to shootin' a shoulder rig. :)

I shoot with my buckerette and buckeroo, so I shoot .38's (smokeless) presently. I guess I'm just too lazy to load more than one cartridge. :lol: Eventually, I will get me some cap and balls (I shoot Open Tops now) and shoot Frontiersman some. I've recently acquired a hammered double for this purpose and am workin' the kinks out with that. So, the answer to your question is "No," cuz I don't shoot the required caliber.

Look forward to seein' you at Fort Parker!

Chick

Goody,

Can we register at the shoot? I'll be there, have a room and am bringing my son, intend to register at the shoot if that's an option.

Thanks

BTT for a fine shoot.

Yes sir, bring everyone!

9/29 Through 10/2 Getting close. Hope we can make it.

Ladies

How would you like it if a young man called "Texas Rick o Shay" sold you them stretch tickets???

I could make that happen

Two Gun

+1 ;):lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm bringin' my new Colt for Wild Bunch! Get ready y'all! :D

Guest I Reckon

Range is looking great. This should be the best we have ever put on.

targets big and close, lots of side matches, and the food should be great.

Come and enjoy a really fun shoot. The proceeds all go to the Fort.

therefore--DEFEND OLD FORT PARKER.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

Reckon

One way or another, I'll be there. Friday is now being challenged by work, but will be there for as much as I can.

Doc

:FlagAm:

Hello Goody. Are ya going to shoot CLASSIC COWBOY? Hope so. Boy, Lone Range Rick surprised me! I'm gald both of you shot CC at the TSRA CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH.

Ghost

Hello Goody. Are ya going to shoot CLASSIC COWBOY? Hope so. Boy, Lone Range Rick surprised me! I'm gald both of you shot CC at the TSRA CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH.

Ghost

Whataya, need a whippin boy? :angry: Somebody to walk on your way to the top? :o If I ever shoot it agin it will too soon. :huh: Well, OK, maybe. ;)

(By the way, I think Rick surprised himself, too) :rolleyes:

Plans fell through on Outlaw trail... Grandbaby is on the way.....I gotta stay close to home ya know. Looks like I will be at the Fort early in the am. on sign up day......Gonna try and drag Nuttin with me... T-Bone

That's awesome TBone it will be great to see you there. Bring that ole Nuttin Graceful with you for sure!! We'll send a posse out after him if we have to.

Plans fell through on Outlaw trail... Grandbaby is on the way.....I gotta stay close to home ya know. Looks like I will be at the Fort early in the am. on sign up day......Gonna try and drag Nuttin with me... T-Bone

That is fan-dam-tastic! We'll have a talk with Sara while you're there.

Looks like the "Meadows Gang" will be making it back to Defend Old Fort Parker this year as well!

See y'all there !!!

Another great piece of news. Thanks for letting the misses make the trip last weekend, you were conspicuous in your absence. Be good to see you gain as well.

Hey T-Bone, that's great!! I look forward to the biggest CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL category ever @ Old Fort Parker!!

Ghost

Hey can I play too??? I want to shoot classic. Lol

Colt we would love ta have ya shoot Classic. Are ya willin'? :)

Can't be like a new post on the wire today about a CC shoot in Michigan called an "Almost Classic Cowboy Shoot" :blink:

Ghost

Does SKB make a hammered double. Lol

I've got a goooood looking hammered Rossi ya can borrow.

Ghost

Archived