SASS Wire Forum

speaking of Marines

Trigger Mike

When in Jump School one fine 4 am morning a Marine lance corporal (what us Army guys call a Private First Class - basically a nobody , but higher ranking than my Private E 1 self, wakes me up with a Marine Staff Sergeant nearby. The Sergeant says first call, so I cheerfully wake up and pipe up and say, I think I will wait for second call. That Lance corporal got all over me, more than the sergeant, THEN when I call him a sergeant the lance corporal jumped some more about how he is addressed as a STAFF SERGEANT. Then at a wedding of a Marine everyone there looked angry. Then I worked with a Marine once and we voted him most likely to go postal. I used to ride him about how sorry Marines are and how they are dumb jar heads and he seemed to take it personally. what's wrong with Marines (notice I'm careful to capitalize Marine out of fear someone will go postal)

When in Jump School one fine 4 am morning a Marine lance corporal (what us Army guys call a Private First Class - basically a nobody , but higher ranking than my Private E 1 self, wakes me up with a Marine Staff Sergeant nearby. The Sergeant says first call, so I cheerfully wake up and pipe up and say, I think I will wait for second call. That Lance corporal got all over me, more than the sergeant, THEN when I call him a sergeant the lance corporal jumped some more about how he is addressed as a STAFF SERGEANT. Then at a wedding of a Marine everyone there looked angry. Then I worked with a Marine once and we voted him most likely to go postal. I used to ride him about how sorry Marines are and how they are dumb jar heads and he seemed to take it personally. what's wrong with Marines (notice I'm careful to capitalize Marine out of fear someone will go postal)

actually we have pfc in the corps a private E1 ... Private first class (PFC) is an E2 and Lance Cpl is an E3,

And 90% of the Marines have More Honor than they Should and then there is 10% that we wont talk about.... When i went in the Corps it was because of Honor, I figured if I was Going in I wanted to join the Best, The Toughest and the Most Honorable ...... Well after i Got to Camp Lejeune i found some people that I was Stationed with went in Because a judge told them 4 yrs in jail or 4 in the Corps .... This Blew my mind .... so anyway .... also there are a lot of hard azzz in the Corps and most of them figure if you dont call them by the proper rank then you are being disrespectful, which is not really the case all the branches have different ranks systems.... and I still cant figure out all of the Navy ..... most of my relatives are and or had been in the service and I was the only fool who went in the Corps but if I had to do it all again .... I Wouldnt change a Thing .......

I guess I've just been lucky...or unlucky, depending which side of the practical joke you're on.

My Marine friends have great senses of humor..some a little more sardonic than others :wacko:, but great senses of humor nevertheless. And all of them can take it as well as give it. :lol:

Marines are trained to laugh at different things.

maybe that is it, in the army we laugh at everything. there was always a joke to be had. a 4 am wake up call was somehow funny, eating watery green eggs while walking from the chow line to turn in your tray was funny, standing in the hot sun for hours brought the humor from somebody. We even liked the oil fires saddam set, it made it easier to see at night. maybe Marines are not as tough as us army guys. :lol::lol::lol:

now we will see if they have a sense of humor as I am just kidding. :)

When your primary function in life is breaking everything in sight and killing everyone on the "other side" it's hard to find the humor in anything that doesn't one or the other of those categories.

If you think Marines don't have a sense of humor ask Rowdy Yates about his finger signals.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When your primary function in life id breaking everything in sight and killing everyone on the "other side" it' shard to find the humor in anything that doesn't one or the other of those categories.

If you think Marines don't have a sense of humor ask Rowdy Yates about his finger signals.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess Marines take it more serious than us army folks.

Seriously, I hope all you Marine know how much I respect Marines. I just like to have fun every now and then.

I always thought marines were funny. :lol:

I have generally had a real good time joshing Marines. I am a teaser, anyway, and when I've let 'em have it, they have generally seemed to like it. Maybe I'm just lucky. But I think the salty tone of my teasing seems to work with them.

I have a large number of friends that are Marines... They all have a "unique" sense of humor, but there isn't one of them that I wouldn't trust to watch my six... If you're lucky enough to have some of them let you into their inner circle... say thank you and feel blessed... :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Vaya con Dios

Well, the oldest was a Marine Aircrew(HMM-165)Crew Chief/door gunner,(Irag vet. :FlagAm: )he would tell you that you may be out of reach.....

But, YOUR NOT OUT OF RANGE :lol:

His "door-gun" was a .50 BMG B)

Thank God for Marines :excl:

Respectfully,

LG

I'm a Vietnam Era Marine and a funny guy. Had a Lance/corp tell me he had more time in the sh!ter than I had in the Corps when riding on a bus back to base once. I stood up to give him my seat(I'm 6'6" he was 5'5") he kinda felt that the E3 vs E2 wasn't a big difference, just enough to save his a$$. Just sayin'

Big Jake

P.S. Lumpy; I like the "not out of range" thing. I was a 8541 Scout Sniper in VietNam.

"You can run...but you'll only die tired"

Archived