SASS Wire Forum

Kimber SIS Pro

Chief Rick

I have an opportunity to pick up one of these in Commander size at a little more than my dealers cost.

Have read a lot of internet reviews & forum posts, as well as a very praising article from Massad Ayoob.

Was gonns pick up a 100 Anniversary SS Colt Commander but it sold before I had the funds. :(

I really like the way this Kimber feels in the hand.

Not real crazy about the "SIS" serrations due to the slickness of the slide, but read of a work-around with that.

How durable is the Kim-Pro finish?

I have an opportunity to pick up one of these in Commander size at a little more than my dealers cost.

Have read a lot of internet reviews & forum posts, as well as a very praising article from Massad Ayoob.

Was gonns pick up a 100 Anniversary SS Colt Commander but it sold before I had the funds. :(

I really like the way this Kimber feels in the hand.

Not real crazy about the "SIS" serrations due to the slickness of the slide, but read of a work-around with that.

How durable is the Kim-Pro finish?

So-so. Depends on how much holster wear. The slide serrations seem to hold the finish. Muzzle end will fade and you may experience some deterioration at the rear of the ejection port from brass bouncing off. A good place to ask for more info is at: www.forum.m1911.org, if you don't know about it already. Very accurate and shoots just about anything. No longer in production, which probably accounts for the lower price.

So-so. Depends on how much holster wear. The slide serrations seem to hold the finish. Muzzle end will fade and you may experience some deterioration at the rear of the ejection port from brass bouncing off. A good place to ask for more info is at: www.forum.m1911.org, if you don't know about it already. Very accurate and shoots just about anything. No longer in production, which probably accounts for the lower price.

Thanks Tex.

I was banned from the m1911 forum several years ago. Seems the powers that be did not like my opinion on the worth of a Colt 1911.

Archived