SASS Wire Forum

Logical Arguments on the Wire

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

I think a person should

1) be required to read all posts in a particular thread before posting on that thread

and

2) have passed reading comprehension before being able to post on any thread.

White Spy: 2 + 2 is 4.

Black Spy: I can't believe you said 3 + 3 is not 6.

White Spy: I didn't say that. 3 + 3 is 6, but 2 + 2 is 4.

I DIDN'T SAY THAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l26LeYhTROU&feature=related

I'm sitting here thinking, and still can't figure out how "skanky, silly little airhead" could be a bad thing!!! :blush:

At any rate, if someone can't handle polite discourse and disagreement, it is best to simply ignore them. I find it wastes time better spent. And Allie, I have always found what you have to say worthy of consideration.

Buck, that might spoil some of the "fun." ;)

I confess to posting before reading all. Then, I might go back, read, and change my mind. I can get away with changing my mind cuz I'm blonde. :blush::unsure::rolleyes:;)

I once heard someone slam a well-respected person who posts here because he back-tracked or posted later with a change of opinion. IMHO, being able to accept one's mistakes and admit it is the sign of the "bigger person" than one who just lurks and criticizes. I like to read all sides of an issue and TRY to have an open mind. I've even been known to change my mind and really respect others who do that. It shows you are listening and not "set in your ways."

Thanks Doc! However, I like to take the measure of a person by how rude, nice, logical... they can be when sitting behind a keyboard. I wouldn't want to waste time on an AH when I see one in person. There are way too many grand folks involved with SASS to waste time on... ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi folks,

If you want to argue with someone on the Wire, you should avoid logical fallacies. In other words, use facts and experiences to prove your point. Don't stoop to name calling. :rolleyes:

If you must call names direct it at a group, not an individual, or your post will be deleted. :)

I love it when someone stoops to calling me names. It helps me weed out the folks who aren't worth listening to.

I also love it when someone disagrees politely. I may pay heed to their opinions.

Sincerely,

Allie "menopausal, skanky, silly little airhead snot ..." Mo

Now that you have given us new rules, will you be the one deleting posts? Just curious! Hopefully I'm being polite enough.

I think a person should

Then Madd Mike wouldn't be able to partake in the fun...:lol:

and 2+2 = 5 ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Buck, that might spoil some of the "fun." ;)

I confess to posting before reading all. Then, I might go back, read, and change my mind. I can get away with changing my mind cuz I'm blonde. :blush::unsure::rolleyes:;)

I once heard someone slam a well-respected person who posts here because he back-tracked or posted later with a change of opinion. IMHO, being able to accept one's mistakes and admit it is the sign of the "bigger person" than one who just lurks and criticizes. I like to read all sides of an issue and TRY to have an open mind. I've even been known to change my mind and really respect others who do that. It shows you are listening and not "set in your ways."

Thanks Doc! However, I like to take the measure of a person by how rude, nice, logical... they can be when sitting behind a keyboard. I wouldn't want to waste time on an AH when I see one in person. There are way too many grand folks involved with SASS to waste time on... ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

I agree, it is best to try to get the measure of the person over time. Someone can just have a bad day, or whatever. I know I have had my share! You are definitely right about someone being able to change their mind. I hope I'm never so close minded that I can't be educated by someone who knows what they are talking about and makes sense with their discussion.

Oh, and if you ever see me in person, just remember that being a lawyer doesn't automatically make me a jerk!

Been there me ownself - and there have been times were even you Ms. Mo have helped me see the error of my ways....

BJT,

There we are with that reading comprehension thing again. I didn't say I didn't drink, I said "I don't drink hard liquor." And for good reason. The last time I did, was after the first nite of a little match down in Columbus, TX... I'd done well that first day, and was looking forward to continued success the 2nd. One of my compadres mixed up some wonderful margueritas to lubricate our celebration. They were the toast of the evening. Some hours later I had to be dragged out of the firepit, before it flamed up real high and singed the hair on someone's face…off the fumes I was breathing in that direction… mine was already half gone. And why drink at all, if you're not going to drink to completion. But, that's not something to brag about… just is.

Since that time, I've just stuck to beer. Me and Hank Williams, Jr. are in perfect accord. I like beer. One has to recognize one's limitations. Mine happens to be hard liquor… or at least tequila. Well, I have to include vodka also… I remember waking up one afternoon on the beach... and not much else prior to that... at least after a shipmate said "let's get some vodka." We really have to quit meeting like this… maybe we could meet a match somewhere between us… I have the funny feeling we'd get along famously. Reparte is really a lost art. At least I hope that's what we're engaged in! If not, there's plenty of other folks for us to cut down! Nor do I know everything. But, as the salutary exchange between a good friend & I goes; him, "…whaddaya know good?" Me, "not much, but what I do know, I know good."

Blackwater,

I also refrain from milk. Don't even let that stuff near my coffee! It does have its uses tho'… wonderful in scrambled eggs and I can't imagine what ice cream would be like without it as an ingredient. The cookies would have sounded great last week… but I just went back on my diet and the doc suggests I avoid carbohydrates. Which is really harsh for an Irish boy… I find it extremely vexing to be told, "…no potatoes or bread." How drab life is without any sort of ethnic food! And, although beer is high in carbohydrates... its' other medicinal qualities exempt it from being on the forbidden list.

Allie,

I don't know. Since I can't recall ever visiting. Kinda the whole point of my attempt at a "tongue in cheek" response. Since I'm not really interested in visiting, the whole point of that forum is lost on me. And, boring to me, shouldn't necessarily infer that the inhabitants thereof are boring. I suspect that is probably far from the case… but the potential for added entanglements are not my cup of tea.

Doc, I promise not to hold it against you! ;)

Gunner, glad we're still friends! :wub:

Griff, it's okay and we are still friends too, right? Folks can talk about anything (within the rules) in the Saloon. :) It doesn't have to be about CAS. The Wire should be reserved for CAS stuff. :unsure: Sometimes, we just ramble and act goofy. :lol: Sometimes, we talk about serious stuff... :( I certainly know how to spend too much time on the computer, you may be the wiser person for regulating your activities better than I do. :unsure:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hey Griff, I'll stand ya' to whatever you drink over in the saloon. When ya' decide to splurge the cookie offer still stands! :P:lol:

Stop by over there from time to time. There's lots of neat info over there and the atmosphere is a little lighter too.

AND IT'S ALWAYS GOOD FER A LAUGH OR TWO!!

:rolleyes:Even if it comes at my expense now 'n' then. :lol:

p.s. I can relate to the dietary issues. Ain't had a danged OREO in nigh onto two years! :angry:

What about me, ain't nobody ever offers me milk and cookies in the saloon, I like milk and cookies and I don't drink alcohol at all .anymore

I think a person should

1) be required to read all posts in a particular thread before posting on that thread

and

White Spy: 2 + 2 is 4.

White Spy: I didn't say that. 3 + 3 is 6, but 2 + 2 is 4.

I DIDN'T SAY THAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l26LeYhTROU&feature=related

What is this comprehension thing is it some kind of new disease

I've read this post start to finish several times and have no flippin' idea what it's about.

:lol: ....in true Forty Rod fashion!...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about me, ain't nobody ever offers me milk and cookies in the saloon, I like milk and cookies and I don't drink alcohol at all .anymore

Well, there's pizza every friday, so I suppose if you mention you like milk and cookies, someone might oblige.

Archived