SASS Wire Forum

Logical Arguments on the Wire

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

Hi folks,

If you want to argue with someone on the Wire, you should avoid logical fallacies. In other words, use facts and experiences to prove your point. Don't stoop to name calling. :rolleyes:

If you must call names direct it at a group, not an individual, or your post will be deleted. :)

I love it when someone stoops to calling me names. It helps me weed out the folks who aren't worth listening to.

I also love it when someone disagrees politely. I may pay heed to their opinions.

Sincerely,

Allie "menopausal, skanky, silly little airhead snot ..." Mo

We are reasonable, logical, intelligent, and mature men and women here. Now let us all agree to be that way on the wire as well. There, that's done.

Now please excuse me while I stuff an antiqated explosive into multiple brass vessels so that I might dress up like a cowboy from the 1880s and push a cart full of supplies around a range and discharge obsolete firearms at pieces of cardboard and steel. All under a false name, of course.

I'd like to think the person in question just got a little carried away.

I doubt that this person realised that what was said was so offensive, at least I hope that's the case.

Allie Mo dang it you mean I can't call you a beautiful, warm, intelligent, thoughtful, caring, insightful woman?

I shake my head and roll my eyes at you ma'am!

Good day!

Grizz

Hi folks,

If you want to argue with someone on the Wire, you should avoid logical fallacies. In other words, use facts and experiences to prove your point. Don't stoop to name calling. :rolleyes:

If you must call names direct it at a group, not an individual, or your post will be deleted. :)

I love it when someone stoops to calling me names. It helps me weed out the folks who aren't worth listening to.

I also love it when someone disagrees politely. I may pay heed to their opinions.

Sincerely,

WOW! Someone must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. The wire quit being logical 10 years ago. Long before most of the wire experts were even shooting.

Hi folks,

If you want to argue with someone on the Wire, you should avoid logical fallacies.

Sincerely,

Miss Allie...

I saw your post title.. ain't that an oxymoron? :rolleyes: ... and all I thought :lol: :lol: Gotta read this one!!!

OK... what she up to now.... :blink:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' what she doin' now :lol: :lol: ya ain't tryin' ta start a logical argument are ya?? :lol: :lol:

All typed with a smile on my face wonderin'.. what's goin' on?

Thinkin' somebody ruffled the wrong feathers

A scumbucket posing as a cowboy. :angry:

(But I won't stoop to calling him any names. ;) )

I am right here. I can hear you.

But ya know what, I regret very little that I have posted here on the wire.

And the stuff I do regret, I have apologized for.

Hey I know regret, wait no I take that back that was a character in a movie now I just have to remember what movie :)

Hey I know regret, wait no I take that back that was a character in a movie now I just have to remember what movie :)

Mssr. Paul Regret, the Commancheros I believe. Who could possibly be offended by "menopausal, skanky, silly little airhead snot"?

Mssr. Paul Regret, the Commancheros I believe. Who could possibly be offended by "menopausal, skanky, silly little airhead snot"?

That's the movie

Good Morning Fellow Shooters,

I hope your day is going well. Hubby and I have already had some good laughs about our critters antics. The turkeys have been by to see what we left out for them. The deer have left our pasture, where they "nest" at night.

I've enjoyed reading your comments on this thread. Some were :lol: funny. Grizz, have I told you that I adore you lately. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie, after reading this post I decided on a great post just for you. Check out the post that asks for opinions on targets, sure to be a nice easy going subject matter. Gotta go for now as the wife wants to go shopping and our government checks are not due for another week!

Dear Miss " " (blank as no name is allowed now)

How will I be able to tell you I deeply :wub::wub::wub::wub: you.

Without any name all the ladies (hope not too many guys :blush: ) will now think I'll be typing for them!!!

Definitely the next convention will be very hard for me!!!

(please, don't tap on my finger tips with your ruler M'am I'll no more type silly things :D )

Curly the warm heart frenchie!! ;);)

Oh please, you know darn good and well I'd never call you names on the Wire. I'd call YOU names to your face. :lol:

Miss Allie,

My "facts" are my facts alone. And only using logical arguments based in fact would make the Wire as boring as the Saloon... since I don't drink hard liquor, I never visit the Saloon... 'Sides, it must be boring over there, otherwise why would folks be on the Wire? There... logical.

Miss Allie,

My "facts" are my facts alone. And only using logical arguments based in fact would make the Wire as boring as the Saloon... since I don't drink hard liquor, I never visit the Saloon... 'Sides, it must be boring over there, otherwise why would folks be on the Wire? There... logical.

Slumming??

R3B

Does quoting famous works work?

"Son, never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

BJ(who has learned some humility, probably needs more learning)T

Miss Allie,

Allie,

I fear the best you can hope for is that you are arguing with this end.

Still, good thoughts.

Thanks,

BJT

:lol::lol::lol:

Griff, please don't insult the Saloonatics. :angry:

R///, I'm wondering how he knows the Saloon is boring. :unsure:

BJT, let's have a Snowshoe again sometime. ;) (I'll buy.) Also, I'd love to meet the Mrs.!

Regards,

Allie Mo

:lol::lol::lol:

Griff, please don't insult the Saloonatics. :angry:

R///, I'm wondering how he knows the Saloon is boring. :unsure:

BJT, let's have a Snowshoe again sometime. ;) (I'll buy.) Also, I'd love to meet the Mrs.!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Miss Allie, you beat me to it. Now we are not only Drivelers, We're boring too??

C'mon Griff, I'll buy ya' a sweet milk 'n' ya' kin have a cookie. Hang around 'til Friday an' we'll generally throw a pizza party or sumpin'!! :lol:

Thank goodness the Wire ain't S.A.S.S.!!!

I'm goin' back over ta' the saloon, leastways I'm welcome over there!!

Archived